Chapter 4

*Ruv's POV*

     When I wake up, Sarvente is sleeping on my shoulder, and it's morning. We are still on the couch. Why did she stay when she could go into her own room?

     Before I can answer that question, Sarvente wakes up. She blushes once she realizes she is still on the couch with me. She probably fell asleep at some point as well. Or maybe because it was just the nice thing to do? I don't know.

     She sits up quickly. "Uh- good morning!", Sarvente says in an awkward tone.

     "Good morning.", I say back.

     We sit in awkward silence for a minute. I wonder what is going through her mind.

     "Um- I'm going to go get dressed!", she says in an awkward tone once again.

     "Yeah, me too.", I say quickly.

     We silently walk to our rooms. I must have missed something after I fell asleep...

     Once I finished getting dressed, I go to the kitchen to whip up some leftovers for our breakfasts. Once I finish that, Sarvente comes out of her room. She looks pale, which I must not have noticed earlier.

     "Are you ok, Sarvente?", I ask her. "You look pale...".

     "*sneeze* Yeah, I'm *sneeze* ok.", she says.

     I hand her a tissue, which she uses a few times to blow her nose before going to get another.

     I hope the burger place we went to didn't try to poison her. If they did, I'm going over there to give them a piece of my mind, and fist. But I am not sick as well, and they have no reason to poison Sarvente, unlike the criminal I am.

     After we finish eating (and after a lot of sneezing and nose-blowing), I help Sarvente with her hair, and she helps me with mine and my eye ribbon.

     Sarvente looks at the time.

     "GOSH, I'M LATE FOR MASS!", she exclaims (with a hoarse throat).

     But as she rushes to the secret hatch that connects the living quarters to the church, she collapses. I rush to her side.

     "I don't think you can serve mass while you're sick like this, Sarv.", I say to her.

     "But-"

     "I'm serious.", I say.

     "Well, at least I get to spend *cough* more time with you.", she says in a weak but cheery voice.

     I help her get up and help her walk back to her bedroom. While she lays in bed, I go get her some tissues and a trash can. I also get her a water to help with her throat.

     "You know, just because you can't serve mass today doesn't mean we can't pray.", I say to her. She smiles. If praying with her will make her happy, I'll do it (despite how much I dislike praying).

     We spend the next two hours praying. After that, she takes a nap. I get up and exit the room.

     Maybe I should make her soup, or something? When I am sick, she makes me soup. Yeah; I should make some soup.

     I don't cook that often, so I need to find a recipe from Sarvente's collection. Once I find one that I think she will like, I get to work.

     Despite messing up a couple of times (and almost having to remake the whole thing again), I made soup.

     I put some in a bowl for her, and bring it to her room. Sarvente is already awake.

     "I made you some soup.", I say to her, and hand her the bowl and a spoon.

     "Aww, thank you Ruv!", she says.

     As she eats her soup, I go get some board games and stuff that we can do to make her feel better.

     I stay by her bedside all day, but it felt like it was only an hour.

     By dinner time, I am still at Sarvente's side. She is feeling better, but not completely. So in case she needs something, I get a blanket and pillow and set up camp on the floor.

     "Ruv, you don't need to stay here all night if you don't want to.", Sarvente tells me.

     "It's my job to be here for you.", I tell her.

     She gives me a big hug, which I accept. She starts to tear up.

     "Thank you.", she chokes out through the tears. I smile.

     After that, I don't even bother to go to my room and change into my night clothes, and I lay back on the floor, next to her bed.

     I stare at the ceiling, and attempt to sort out all the thoughts in my brain.

     What are Sarvente and I to each other? I mean, we are a little more than best friends, but we aren't lovers either.

     Love. What does it mean to love someone? 

     - You care for them.

     - You're always there for them.

     - They make your day.

     - You'd do practically anything so they'd be happy.

     - You enjoy being around them and spending time with them.

     - You'd drop doing almost anything to spend time with them.

     - You protect them, even at all costs.

     - You would never hurt them.

     - You share with them.

     - You always tell them the truth.

     - You listen to them, and don't ignore them.

     - You cheer them up when they need it.

     - You support them.

     - You'd die for them.

     - They are your everything.

     - You can see a future with them.

     - You love them for who they are, and not only their looks or how rich they are.

     - You can't imagine life without them being a part of it.

     Oh fuck. I'm in love with Sarvente.