Chapter 6

*Sarvente's POV*

     Falling. I don't know where I am, but I am falling off the side of a really tall building that I do not recognize. The air is cold. I can feel that I am no longer immortal. Yet, Ruv did not break our vow! How is that even possible?? 

     I continue to fall for minutes, never reaching the cement street. Where am I?! Where's Ruv?! What am I doing here?!

    Wait; I'll turn into my demon form and fly away to safety! I turn into my demon form, but my wings are torn off. What happened to me?!? Where is Ruv when you need him?!?

     I can now visibly see the ground. People are gathering underneath where I would fall. Maybe they are trying to help catch me, so I don't get hurt?

     As I come even closer, I hear people shouting and yelling. Even worse; they are shouting and yelling at me.

     "FREAK!", someone in the crowd shouts.

     "GO BACK TO HELL WHERE YOU BELONG, DEMON!", someone else yells. People are shouting insults at me left and right. Normally I'm strong when it comes to bullying, but this situation is different.

     My life flashes before my eyes as I am only feet above the ground. I see younger me, being made fun of and teased by others. I see younger Ruv and I, promising we will meet each other again. I see Ruv on the day he vowed to stay by my side forever. I see the church. I see Ruv, who I never even got to tell him that I love him.

     Wait, I love him?

     That's my last thought before I hit the ground. I scream in excruciating pain.

     All of a sudden, I am back in my bedroom in the church. My heart is still beating rapidly. At that second, Ruv rushes through the doorway (and almost breaking the handle in the process).

     "SARV!", he exclaims. "I heard your scream! Are you hurt?! What happened?!?"

     "I- I had a horrible nightmare.", I stutter through tears. "I was falling, and people were shouting insults at me, calling me a freak and telling me to go back to Hell. W- when I came close to the ground," I pause. "They just stepped aside and let me fall to my death", I tear up even more.

     Normally I am the one who gives him hugs, but this time, it's him who gives me a hug.

     "It's ok, Sarv.", he tells me. "I'm here for you."

     Once I have calmed down and almost stopped crying, Ruv gets up to go back to his room.

     "Wait, Ruv!", I call.

     He turns around to see what I need.

     "Please stay.", I say to him.

     He smiles a little, and sits down on the side of my bed while I fall asleep.

     One day, I swear, I will tell you that I love you, Ruv.