Extra: Prince or Princess? (1/2)

Requested by @Grace_Black2000

***

Ophelia gently pressed her palm against her lower stomach, something didn't feel quite right.

Her stomach has been acting up lately and she's been feeling quite dizzy. Was she sick? Can a goddess even get the flu?

Hmm... probably.

Hades glanced at his wife, occasionally giving her concerned looks. Melinoe, Bianca, and Nico watched their mom's complexion quickly shift from green to pale white.

"Mom?" Nico asked, frowning in concern.

Ophelia took a few deep breaths, "yes baby?" She finally replied after a sudden wave of nausea passed.

Nico bit his lip in thought, "Are you sick? Do we need to get Sunshine Man?"

Before Ophelia could speak, Hades already ordered his daughter. "Melinoe, go get your uncle Apollo, please."

Melinoe swiftly stood up and quickly disappeared in a flurry of shadows.

A few minutes later with Ophelia sitting in their medical ward in the palace, Apollo showed up with his medical supplies.

"Hey Princess, heard you weren't feeling too good." Apollo said as he set his medical bag on the stainless steel rolling cart.

Apollo took in her pale complexion and quickly wrote something down on his notebook.

He turned to Hades and his children, "Okay everyone. Out. Get out. Doctor and Patient confidentiality. Shoo~ you can come back afterwards."

Hades glared at him, "But—"

Apollo gave him a serious look, "Hades, not now. I have something to discuss with Ophelia."

And with that, Apollo pushed out the reluctant and protesting family members.

"Now..." Apollo turned to Ophelia who watched in a daze.

"Tell me your symptoms you've been feeling lately" Apollo calmly asked as he felt for Ophelia pulse on her wrist.

His eyes quickly flashed an indescribable emotion when her pulse confirmed his diagnosis, especially when her symptoms perfectly lined up with it.

It was... a slippery pulse. But to confirm it absolutely, Apollo handed Ophelia something.

Ophelia looked at the object in shock. She gave Apollo a "you can't be serious?!" look.

Apollo nodded and ushered her to the bathroom with the pregnancy test and a sunny smile.

Five minutes later, a pale yet excited Ophelia walked out holding the stick in her shaking hand.

"It's positive..." Ophelia announced softly.

Apollo smiled and patted her head, "Congratulations Princess, you're going to have a baby."

Suddenly Apollo frowned and Ophelia got worried, "Princess, I'm going to get Hecate. It seems your magic keeps blocking my powers from taking a super accurate reading on the baby. But I am certain you are 3-4 months along."

Ophelia felt her jaw drop as her gaze fell to her still flat belly. "Are you serious?! Where's my baby bump, why haven't I noticed?"

Apollo sighed, "You're on the petite side and have difficulty gaining weight, so you're baby numb is not noticeable at the moment, but rest assured it will start to show within the next months."

Apollo scribbled in his notebook and wrote something down when Hecate showed up.

Ophelia was pregnant. About 3-4 months along. Oh boy.

***

Hades had a look of surprise, his wife was 3 months pregnant and they didn't notice?! They're gods! They can easily sense these things.

Hades listened quietly as Hecate explained that Ophelia's magic was protecting her growing baby and during her pregnancy, Ophelia will feel like a mortal until the birth of their child.

She also explained that Ophelia will be vulnerable as her magic moves to protect her baby thus weakening Ophelia godly powers. At most she would be a Demi-god during the pregnancy.

Hearing that Ophelia was easily vulnerable, her family turned to her with overwhelming protectiveness.

Ophelia sighed, knowing the incoming "help".

***

Ophelia felt like choking her husband at the moment, "Hades! I just want to bake cookies. It's not like I'm going to burn myself—" she immediately regretted her words.

Hades nearly flipped, looking at the oven as if it offended him.

Ophelia grew so frustrated that tears started to build up.

*sniff sniff* I just wanted my cookies! Wuuuhuuu QAQ

***

Ophelia sat on her throne rubbing her bulging 6 months belly, blatantly ignoring the pitiful looks everyone sent her just because she didn't allow them to touch her belly.

She sighed softly when the meeting was going nowhere again.

"Fine... one time each. In a line." The Olympians stood in a line, with Zeus and Poseidon fighting to first until Ophelia sent them to the back of the line.

Hades smugly watched as he proudly sat beside his wife.

***

Melinoe stared at her mom's belly in thought, she couldn't decide if she wanted a baby sister or brother.

"Will it be a boy or a girl?" Nico asked, hoping for a little brother.

Bianca hoped for a little sister so she could dress her up like a little doll.

Hades smiled secretively with Ophelia, the two parents refused to give anyone an absolute answer other than Apollo and Hecate of course who were Ophelia designated doctors.

"A secret. It might be a fun surprise." Ophelia smiled brightly.

***
A/N: I need boy/girl/unisex names. Please reply.

Boy Names:

Girl Names:

Unisex Names: