Chapter 4: Capture the Flag

Percy Jackson was introduced with the kind girl who was Ophelia Black. Upon their introduction Ophelia was recognized as a child of Hecate, which was slightly true but as she was undercover she asked her "grandma" Hecate to recognize her as one of her children. And as you can see she used her godfathers last name.

Later, he was taken to Cabin Eleven by a Hermes teen named Luke Castellan. He told him that if it wasn't for Ophelia he would have been sleeping in a corner on the floor. He thanked Ophelia and was sent to a room that had his name on the door with three other boys.

"So when am I going to get claimed?", he asked Luke. Everyone in the Hermes laughed but those who laughed bitterly were those who were undetermined for so long. Percy just looked at them confused.

Ophelia was a common person he hanged out with and Annabeth but she kept looking at him and muttering things like sea child, lier, things getting stolen and what not which confused him even more. Ophelia just sat him down and tried to explain to him about Greek gods and also throwing in Hades divorce and remarriage not that he knew it was her that Hades remarried.

He trained with swords with Luke who apparently was one of the best. He was surprised to even win the mock battle, talk about good luck.

Ophelia was good with a sword but the last time she used a sword she was 12 and killed a balisik. Anyways she perfered her bow and arrow and magic. Watching over Percy was like watching herself. A boy who had a prophecy over his head before he was even born like she did and enterea world so different like her own.

After offering food to her parents Hestia and Thanatos, Hecate, and her husband Hades who was most likely pouting right now. She thought about tomorrow as it was captured the flag day.

Sitting alone in the Hecate cabin that popped out of nowhere, she mirror called her husband. After just the first few seconds of ringing he picked up. Changing back to my original form, I smiled and blew him a kiss. He smiled back and let out a pout and whined about still not being able to find his Hell of Darkness and that he missed me dearly. I gave him a small smile and that I'll be home after I finish my mission after a half an hour a talking I blew him a kiss goodbye and hung up.

I layed in bed and thought of ways on how to improve the camp. And I have to do something about Thalia's tree, no I wasn't going to hurt it, I was just going to bless it. But that can wait.

The next morning I helped Demeters children with the garden and on the way to the stables I was shocked to see my mother Hestia in her child form, running up her I pulled her into a hug happy to see her. She asked me how my marriage was doing and what not. I told her my marriage was splendid, but I told her that Hades Helm of Darkness was stolen and how Hades did make a big deal out of it because he knew he wouldn't get any justice. After a few more minutes of chatting I went back to my task and fed and groomed the Pegasi or Pegasuses. Who happily came up to me and begged for my attention.

Anyways there was a horn signalling that it was time for capture the flag, putting them back into their dens I gave then each a red juicy apple and quickly left to the forest. Luckily I was on Percy's team. Soon everyone was geared up, Capture the Flag is a game the campers of Camp Half-Blood play using a wide amount of swords, shields, spears, armor, magical weapons. Upon hearing that we could use any means as long as we don't kill anyone I decided to use my magic.

After Dionysus explained that two teams are made, and each team given a flag. On each side of the forest, both teams hide their flag somewhere visible, but easily defensible. To win for your team, you need to capture the opponent's flag and carry it across the river that divides the middle of the forest, and acts like a border. And that Chiron, the centaurs, serves as battlefield medic and referee.

And apparently after Percy doused Clarisse La Rue in the toilet, Annabeth exclaimed that she wanted Percy in her team in the Capture the Flag game later on, probably because she knew that Clarisse would want revenge, thus leading to an unexpected victory by Percy.

During this game, the two teams were Percy, Ophelia, Athena, Apollo, and Hermes (the latter were the two biggest cabins) VS Dionysus, Demeter, Aphrodite, Ares, and Hephaestus (all the other cabins with campers).

Percy was put on border patrol near the river (to fuel his powers), but he was actually a diversion/bait for Clarisse and her cabin planned by Annabeth (the captain) earlier. The plan worked and Luke Castellan grabbed the flag.

A hellhound appeared after the game ended and attacked Percy, leading him to be claimed by Poseidon. However as the Hellhound attacked Percy it gave Ophelia a slight wink that thankfully nobody saw and continued attacking Percy, "some guardian angel I am", I thought sarcastically.

Anyways I made it seem that the hellhound was defeated but in reality I banished it back to the underworld with a note that said, 'nice try Honey better luck next time', the Hellhound morphed back into Hades as the man paced back and forth in his throne room, trying to figure out ways for his wife to return home soon. Everyone in the underworld hoped Queen Ophelia would come home soon before he explodes like a ticking bomb.