Chapter 23

"We're here," Florence said as they all looked up at the giant building.

"Are we supposed to call Sydney- Oh he's already heading inside," Claude said while Florence was making his way inside. He looked at Raoul who shrugged at him.

"Don't look at me, I'm just as confused as you are," Raoul spoke and turned back to where Florence was, to see that he was out of sight. "Let's catch up to him before we get lost."

They followed Florence inside and saw him at the back of the room waiting for the elevator to come down. The doors opened with them being just a few steps away from him and joined him in the elevator. Florence pressed the button for the right floor and stared at himself in the giant mirror at the back, which covered a grand part of the elevator's walls. Florence then began feeling somewhat self-conscious about his hair, which was a little messy, and grabbed a comb from his bag to fix it.

From the mirror, he saw Claude and Raoul look at him with puzzled expressions on their faces. He raised his eyebrow and put his comb back as they reached the floor. "Something to say?" he asked as they went to the elevator.

"We were just watching you fix your gorgeous hair," Claude smiled as he walked next to Florence and pulled him closer. "Is it a crime to look at my breathtaking boyfriend~?"

Raoul let out an exasperated sigh as Claude continued to flirt with Florence. "This guy will never change," he thought and let out a quiet laugh when Florence pushed Claude away out of embarrassment. Florence opened the double door at the end of the highway and dodged the cup thrown his way.

"HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY TO KNOCK BEFORE-" Paris' expression changed instantly when she saw Florence standing at the entrance instead of the new intern. "Oh, Florence! Come in, come in," she laughed, gesturing to him to sit down. "Why didn't you say at the front desk that you're already here?"

"Well, I wanted to be here as quick as possible to discuss the matter," Florence smiled as he looked over his shoulder at Sydney who was already clinging onto Raoul. "The only thing I know is that it concerns him," he added, nodding at Sydney.

Paris nodded as she curiously looked at Claude and Raoul who were standing awkwardly at the entrance. "Are they your friends?" she asked.

Claude saw this as an opportunity to impress Paris to instantly get on her good side. "Good afternoon miss. You've probably heard of me from Flory, but I'm Claude," he smiled as he leaned onto the back of the chair Florence was sitting on.

Paris looked between Claude's charming smile and Florence who pinched the bridge of his nose and smiled. "You caught a handsome one, Florence," she laughed and smiled at Claude. "I'm Paris, Florence's manager. It's kind of weird that we're meeting just now since you've been in a "relationship" with him for a few months already but I've been quite busy."

"Don't worry about it. At least now I know how stunning you are~" Claude replied, making Paris laugh louder.

"He's a charmer too," she said as Florence shook his head out of disappointment.

Florence cleared his throat. "Now that Claude got his attention, can we talk about why we're here?" Florence asked as Claude played with Florence's hair, messing it the same way it was before. "And what he wants from us?"

Paris leaned back into her chair and looked at the ceiling. "Something about you starring in his music video," she replied, with a hint of disinterest. "He told me that you said that your schedule is already packed, which isn't true, and wanted to ask me about it."

"Why did you lie to me, Florence?!" Sydney butted in from where he was standing. "I gave you a good opportunity and you just let it slip through your hands like that! You could become even more famous!"

Florence shrugged his shoulders. "Usually my weeks are full and I don't check my schedule that often. I just turn up to where I have to be," he explained as Paris nodded to confirm his claims. "But now that I have some free time, I could do it for you."

"Wait really?!" Sydney shrieked and ran up to Florence to hug up. "You're the best! It's fine, right Paris? Riiight?"

"Yeah, yeah I'll note it down," Paris replied, distracted by her conversation with Claude, who went away from Florence to sit on her desk.

Sydney smiled mischievously. "You can't escape it anymore," he said and grabbed his phone. "I'll call the director later. Thursday is your day off, right? Then there'll be a staff meeting at 10 AM. Don't be late," Sydney said with a threatening smile. "And now that we're done with this... Raoul! Let's go to that new bakery! They have a limited edition cake which we have to try!"

Raoul looked up from his phone. "Hm? Sure," he replied as Sydney pushed him out of the office.

"Bye guys!" Sydney shouted as he waved at them. "I'll call you later Florence!"

"Bye Syd!" Florence said and turned to Paris and Claude drinking coffee. He looked at Claude who noticed that he was watching them with a confused face. "What are you two doing?"

"I didn't expect Claude to be this great," Paris said as Claude waved her off.

"Oh, you flatter me," Claude chuckled as Florence squinted his eyes at him, full on knowing what he was doing. "It's just that you have such a wonderful personality, Paris. If not, we wouldn't have clicked this well~."

Florence sighed as he heard loud laughter coming from Paris. He stood up and grabbed candy from Paris' candy jar on her desk. "If we're done here, I would like to leave," he said as they stopped mid convo. "I still have some homework to do and I have a stream at eight. Don't you also have an essay, Claude?"

Claude took that as a sign that Florence wanted to go home and got off the desk. "Alright, Flory," he replied and finished drinking his coffee. "It's been lovely talking to you, Miss Paris~."

"Come by whenever you want, Claude. You can also come together with Florence if you like to," she grinned. "Until next time."

"Bye." They walked out of the office back to the elevator. As they were inside, Claude looked at Florence's frown. "Do we already have essays to make? I haven't heard anything from Raoul," Claude teased.

Florence tried to keep his face serious as Claude chuckled at his red ears. "Drop it," he whispered.

"Anything for you, sunshine~," Claude said, laughing softly at Florence turning his head away from him.

A/N It's already past 12 and my dad is telling me to go sleep. I have school tomorrow so I get where he comes from but it's still annoying. Sorry for the short note but till next week. I'm gonna pretend to be asleep for an hour or so and don't kill mice

-Jerry Da Mouse