Chapter 24

Claude tossed his notebook out of rage on the coffee table. "Fuck this!" he shouted as he slumped back on the sofa. "I'm not in the mood to do this shit," he muttered, crossing his arms.

Raoul, who was sitting next to him, glanced from his own notebook at Clade and ignored him. He sighed irritated when Claude tried to draw his attention by groaning. "What do you want from me bitch?" he demanded as Claude glared at him. "Do you want a break that bad? We're almost finished."

Claude didn't listen to what Raoul said and wondered what Florence would like to eat when he's finished with the recordings. "Hey, Raoul. Cheesecake or pie?" he asked.

He shrugged, flipping through his notebook. "Cheesecake I guess? It would go well with this autumn weather," Raoul replied and Claude stood up to grab his phone.

He checked the time and sighed when he saw that Florence still has four hours of work to go. "Alright, let's head out," Claude said. "We're gonna buy some ingredients to make a cheesecake for Flory."

"Wait, what about homework?!" Raoul heard Claude grab his keys and cursed under his breath as he went to the front door to put his shoes on.

"As you said, we're almost finished. I can easily make one and when we finish we can eat some good shit," Claude said as he put his blue bomber jacket on. "Hopefully this time we won't run into my ex or so again."

It took them a 10-minute walk from home to get to the grocery store Claude is most familiar with. In there, Raoul told him to hurry up while Claude was leisurely walking around.

Claude glanced at the fish stand. "What are we eating tonight?" he asked Raoul who shrugged at him.

"Let's order something, you don't have to cook all the time," he replied as his phone started to ring. Raoul looked at the caller ID and clicked his tongue. "Give me a sec," he muttered and answered the call. "What?"

As Raoul walked away on the phone, Claude looked at the back of the package to check which ingredients he needed to buy. "Hm, we already have butter and yogurt..." He scanned the racks for a whipped cream container.

Next to him, Claude heard someone hum a tune under his breath. "Milk, milk... milky milk... why are there so many choices?" he whispered to himself, making Claude chuckle.

"I recommend you to buy whole milk if you're that in the mood for it," Claude said as the guy turned to him with an embarrassed grin on his face.

"Thank you-" He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw Claude's face. He kept staring at Claude that way until his eyes suddenly widened as if he had realized something. "Wait... aren't you Florence's boyfriend?" he blurted out with excitement, covering his mouth as Claude raised his eyebrow at him with an indifferent look. "Ah, I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude," he rambled. "You see, I admire Florence a lot and I saw some pictures of you two together so I couldn't hold myself back to ask you about it."

Claude smiled at him. "I didn't expect to be this famous," he said with a teasing tone. "I'm Claude, as you might already know."

"I'm Luke!" he grinned and excitedly shook Claude's hand. "It's nice to meet you! I didn't expect to meet you in some random grocery store. Are you here with Florence?"

Claude shook his head. "He's working right now. I came with a friend to buy some things to make a cheesecake for when he gets home," he replied.

Luke looked dejected at the ground. "Oh," he mumbled.

He watched Luke, mumbling to himself as if he was a lost child. "You said that you're in the same field as Flory, right?" Claude asked as Luke perked up when Florence was mentioned. He looked at Luke from top to toe, judging his looks. "You do seem like you're a model," he added.

"You really think so?" Luke laughed, feeling a hint of embarrassment. "I do sometimes, but I'm more into acting right now. I heard that Florence is also trying to get into acting and I hope that I'll one day get the chance to be on the same set with him."

Claude nodded at him. "The lengths fans go to see their favorite idol..." he thought as Luke cocked his head at him, wondering about what was going through Claude's head. "I'll mention you when I talk to his manager again," he smiled, making Luke's face lit up.

"Really? Thank you!" Luke grinned, at the verge of crushing Claude in a hug. Luke's excitement drew the attention of the other customers who started whispering to themselves. He pushed his cap down and smiled apologetically at Claude. "Sorry about that. Till next time, Claude! Bye!"

As Luke tried to walk away, Claude called him. "Didn't you forget something?" Claude said, pointing at the milk cartons.

"Oh," he laughed with a sheepish grin on his face. "Thanks for reminding me! Bye!"

After Claude waved him away, Raoul joined him when the coast was clear. "Damn, how many people do you know?" he asked as Claude grabbed the whipping cream and put it in his basket.

"I just met him," he replied. "He told me that he's an actor and a big fan of Florence or something like that. Do you know an actor named Luke?"

Raoul nodded as they walked to the self-checkout. "Sydney told me about him as we watched a movie about him. He's only been acting for 2 or 3 years but he's pretty good," he said. "Sydney also showed me a video where he was praising Florence, so you might have some competition," he added, smirking at Claude.

Claude raised his brow at Raoul with a sly smirk on his lips. "I don't think so. From what I've seen, Luke just views Florence as an idol, not as a love interest. And even if that's true, I'm pretty confident with both my looks and my skills," he said as Raoul rolled his eyes at Claude's massive ego.

After Claude paid for their groceries, they made their way back home while talking about what they still have to do when they're back. As they were walking, Claude didn't pay much attention and bumped his shoulder onto someone. "Ah, sorry-"

"Watch where you're going," the guy sneered, glaring at Claude. When they recognized each other, he let out a forced laugh. "Just my luck. Who would have thought I'd run into you of all people?"

A/N Sorry that I'm a day late! Some shit happened and I couldn't post the draft chapter without my beta reader reading it first, so here we are! Hopefully, it won't happen next time. Thank you for reading this chapter and till Sunday. I'll be measuring every room in my house for a school assignment and don't kill mice

-Jerry Da Mouse