Chapter 38

"What did you do?!" Tiffany shouted as she and Chloe stared stunned at Florence who sat down across from them.

Charlotte glanced at them and gestured for Tiffany to sit back down. "Didn't I tell you yesterday?" she asked, lightly gasping as they shook their heads no. She covered her mouth with her hand and with an innocent expression. "Oh my, the matter must have slipped my mind when we were calling last night. My apolo-."

Chloe abruptly stood up. "I'm leaving," she said and stomped to the entrance. As she wanted to walk out of one of the living rooms, she bumped into a tall figure. "Watch where your goi-"

"Hm?" Claude hummed, raising his eyebrow at the woman who was practically glued onto his chest. He took his hands from her and took a small step back to create some space between them. "Sorry, I don't want my boyfriend to get the wrong message," he smiled at her confused face.

Florence cleared his throat as his cheeks became pink. "That's enough, Claude," he scolded.

"I'm sorry, Flory," he chuckled, kissing his cheek as the others looked with disgust at their PDA. Claude turned back to Chloe and gestured to the chair. "Care to sit, Miss Chloe?"

Chloe looked hesitant at Claude's two-faced smile and sat back down next to Tiffany. "Why are they here, Charlotte?" she demanded.

She put her drink on the coffee table and looked her directly in her eyes. "I'm certain that you have an idea," Charlotte replied as Tiffany clicked her tongue.

"It's because he left you for HIM!" Tiffany screamed, pointing at Claude who looked indifferent at her. "A MAN! HE PLAYED YOU AND YOU'RE JUST LETTING IT GO?! FLORENCE CHEATED ON YOU FOR A MAN!"

As Charlotte waited for her rage to die down, she slowly sipped on her coffee. "Oh, it's empty," she commented while looking into the mug. Her cold gaze turned to Tiffany, who steadied her breath. "And who told you that you were allowed to act in my stead?" she asked.

"B-But Charlotte-" Chloe began.

"Well?" Charlotte's icy voice silenced her as Claude was impressed by her demeanor. "Are you two aware of how much trouble you've caused for yourselves? The Carter family is easily capable of ruining your, as well as your entire family's reputation, within a heartbeat. Yet you decided to mess with them.."

"What else were we supposed to do then?" Chloe said, looking desperately at her. "How are you fine with what he did?!"

"Silence!" she said, raising her voice and catching all of them off guard. Florence covered his emotions again and continued to listen. "Florence has already given me an adequate explanation about this matter, which I agreed with. This was merely a contractual engagement, to begin with, and could easily be called off whenever one of us feels like it. Since the day has finally come that one of us has decided that they want to move on with someone else, it is only suitable to finally end it," Charlotte explained and looks at Florence. "Though I myself cannot quite grasp why you specifically choose that man as your partner, I can see that the two of you truly love each other." Charlotte kindly smiled. "I truly wish the two of you the best."

Claude put his hand on his chest as he looked hurt at Charlotte. "And there I thought that we would get along, Charlie," he gasped, making Charlotte's mouth twitch.

Florence turned to Chloe and Tiffany. "I didn't mean Charlotte any harm when I started to date Claude. We were never in an exclusive relationship, it was all meant to combine our families' businesses if I took over. However, It has been decided that my brother, Adrian, will be taking over the family business, so there is no more need to force this engagement of ours" he explained, crossing his legs.

"And speaking of Adrian, if he ever finds out that you two were behind all of this, he'll come for your heads," Claude said, butting into the conversation. "Isn't that right, Charlotte? You know him well enough right?"

Charlotte slowly nodded as Florence sighed. "We had an... insightful conversation when Florence and I were engaged," she replied.

"Insightful, heh," Claude snorted and looked back at the girls with a wide grin. "It was nice knowing you two-"

"Wait!" Tiffany spoke as she looked up at him with regret. "We're sorry about everything we've done. We just tried to cause some tension between you two in hopes of you breaking up with him, we didn't mean for any of this to happen," she said as Chloe nodded rapidly.

"We only wanted him to get back with Charlotte, please believe us!" Chloe begged as Florence's face didn't change seeing their pitiful looks.

"I'll have my manager deal with the two of you for now," Florence said, sighing as he got more annoyed by this conversation. "Though if something like this were to happen again, I'll bring this up with my family. And when my family is involved, it never ends pretty. So there will not be any second chances, understood?."

"We understand," Chloe spoke as Florence stood up.

"Now if you'll excuse me, I still have some work to do," Florence said as he thought how he still had to stream in that maid outfit today. "May we hope that the next time we meet will be more pleasant, everyone. Claude, let's get going."

Claude smirked at Florence's order. "Anything for you, baby," he chuckled and smiled at the rest. "Bye, guys! Bye, Charlie!"

"Goodbye, Florence, Claude," she said and watched them leave.

"And?" Claude asked Florence as they got into the company car Florence fixed for them. "Feeling any better?"

Florence shrugged and let out a deep sigh. "I don't know. It was nice to hear an apology from them but that didn't fix the whole situation," he replied as he put his head against the window. "I still need to call Paris later and talk with Noah about how we're gonna deal with all these rumors. And I still have that livestream and homework to do. Maybe I should also start on my project..."

"Don't you think that's all a bit too much?" Claude asked, catching a glance from him.

He shook his head. "I want to keep myself busy so I don't worry about this whole drama again," Florence mumbled as he watched the scenery out of the window.

"Why do you want to keep yourself busy with all that boring stuff if you have me?" Florence turned his head to Claude with knitted brows as Claude's focus was on the road. "Let's bake some brownies instead of starting on your project. I know that you hardly know anything about it."

Florence crossed his arms and Claude chuckled when his ears turned red. "...Fine," he answered as Claude hummed. "I'll do it after the stream."

"Why don't you do a cooking stream? It would fit perfectly with your cosplay~," Claude smirked as Florence shook his head.

"No, I won't," he responded.

"Aw, you won't?" Claude whispered, trailing his free hand up to Florence's face. "Pretty please~?"

Florence pursed his lips as Claude's hands started pinching his cheek. "I'll think about it," he sighed and slapped Claude's hand away with a redder face. "And don't do that," he added, feeling embarrassed as Claude let out a laugh.

A/N I'M STILL ALIVE!!! Last week broke me mentally. Those 2 essays and 3 exams were cramped into 3 days so my weekend was... eventful. And Merry Christmas! I'm a little late BUT IT STILL COUNTS. By the way, I did look back at the plot points my proofreader and I came up with and after this chapter, there are only two left for this season. After that, I'll be taking a two-month (?) break and I'll be working on my Playing Matchmaker rewrite more. Season three will definitely be something, but I still need to put everything in order. Till next Sunday guys. I'll be sleeping and don't kill mice

-Jerry Da Mouse

PS ayo flex 6k reads thank you all!!