𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘹 𝘋𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨! 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 || 𝘐𝘯 𝘈𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦

A/N: From my old account - with edits and extra details

▷Song: Lover's Mask by Theophany

This was it. This was the end. Link had been right. The Hylians were going to rebel, lock him away, betray him. Curses! Y/N wished they could turn back time, and slap themself until they believed him. No one did, and now he's bound in chains at the time where his Kingdom and his people needed him most. How foolish of them, so childish, so selfish.

Y/N coughed up some fresh blood, the dried blood cracking at the corner of their mouth. The wound was fresh, still bleeding through their F/C tunic. Their father always said that fighting wasn't for people like them, so weak and unable to fight. Nothing but bokoblin fodder. Y/N believed him, until they met Link.

Link had always told Y/N that they had potential, and they should be whoever they wanted to be. If Y/N wanted to be a warrior, so be it. "You could be the best," he said, "you'll go down in history." Yes, Y/N would go down in history, but not for becoming the best warrior, but for becoming a treasonous coward who betrayed their lover to protect themself and their pride.

Everything was becoming hazy. Black spots clouded Y/N's vision and their hearing had become muffled. Their end was near.

There Y/N lay on the battlefield, covered in blood, weeping about past mistakes and how they'll never repent for them. A tear cascaded down their cheek and mixed with the metallic red liquid. 

"Link will come and save me. Everything will be fine..."

"Y/N!" Ah, his voice. It was so sweet and smooth, almost like he was there. "Y/N!" Y/N loved it when he said their name.

A strong pair of arms enveloped them, holding them gently and closely, almost lovingly. Said person draped what seemed to be a red cloak around them. They donned a green tunic and had gorgeous blue eyes.

At least...I get to see those eyes...one last time...

"L-Link..?" Their voice was hoarse and almost inaudible. His hand stroked their cheek and wiped away their blood and tears. He nodded.

"It's me, Y/N. I'm here," He said sweetly, one of his own tears dripping onto them, "I love you."

Weakly, Y/N's hand arose and grabbed his own that caressed their cheek, strength dwindling. Their grip was weak.

"Link..." Y/N whispered, "I-I love...you too...I promise... we'll meet again... in another...life." And finally, they let out their last breath, their grip on his hand loosened. 

They were gone.

Link held their body close. He pulled them into his chest and cried. He cried hard and he cried for hours, just holding their now cold body.

"Hylia, please! Please, they deserve to live!" He yelled at the black skies. Rain began pouring down on him, rinsing himself of Y/N's blood. He picked up their body and carried it. At the corner of his eye, he saw a tree. Seeing no other option, he decided to lean his lover's body against it. He set them down and took one last glance at his lover. Link drew his sword; he knew what he had to do next.

A/N: I really felt like this music works with this chapter. Man I made myself cry?