𝘙𝘦𝘷𝘢𝘭𝘪 𝘹 𝘠𝘪𝘨𝘢! 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 || 𝘚𝘵𝘶𝘣𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘯

Requested

Revali was the most infuriating being I have ever stumbled upon. 

Unfortunately for me, being the Champion of the Sheikah meant that I had to interact with all the Champions, including that exasperating, pompous, and cocky bird; Revali. To his credit - and I will admit this through gritted teeth - he is a great archer. He had taken copious amounts of time to master his craft, including an-

"Updraft that allows me to soar!" The Rito exclaimed, taking off into the sky once more.

"Yes, Revali," I said rolling my eyes, my words laced with venom, "we heard you the first time." Despite the fact that, seconds ago, I was mentally praising the Rito for all his efforts to help save the Kingdom - I once again reminded why I despise him. His cockiness was absolutely out of this world and it annoyed me, and many many others, to no end. 

"So, when are you two gonna kiss and make up? I can feel the tension from here!" Daruk piped in, giving us his two rupees' worth. I felt my cheeks grow slightly warm at the thought and could offer no rebuttal to Daruk's bold question. No!, I thought, I'm not here to make friends!

"Hm? Sorry, Daruk, I couldn't hear you from all the way up in the air. Do you care to repeat that?" Revali questioned, on the ground once more. Daruk offered a hearty laugh and a shake of his head in response, "Nah, don't wanna embarrass Y/N too much." With a glare sent my way from the Rito Champion, he stormed off ahead, trailing behind Link and the Princess. 

Although I had spent nearly a year and a half among the Champions, I was not their friend, nor their ally. But, try as I might, I couldn't help but gain a soft spot for some of them. Namely Mipha, Princess of the Zora. Her calming aura and soft voice could always put me at ease - but also fill me with crippling guilt. 

I am a Yiga. 

Posing as a Sheikah was easy enough, inheriting the white hair and red eyes from my parents granted me easy access to Kakariko Village as a child. Despite having these features, I had never met my parents, so I fended for myself a lot of the time when I was younger. That's how I developed my survival and combat skills - enough to impress Impa and put me forward as Champion of the Sheikah. With a white lie here and there about my origin and where I came from, infiltrating and gaining the trust of the Champions was a piece of cake - all but Revali. 

Since our first meeting, we had never been able to see eye-to-eye. Maybe it was his boastful attitude or his egotistical sense of vocabulary that put me off, I'm unsure. But I have no plans to amend the tension between us, whatever it may be. As I said, I'm not here to make friends

"Why so glum, Y/N? Missing your dimwitted little archer friends?" I froze in shock. How? How could he know? There's no way! Unless... those fools were scouting us out and Revali spotted them from above? Imbeciles! 

"Not so confident now, are you? Here, I think you should get a closer look!" Before I could react, I was on Revali's back, suddenly a few metres in the air. 

"Revali! Put me down right now!" A smirk grew among his features as I screamed for dear life, clinging to his neck for support. He huffed and said, "No, I don't think I will. Tell me who you really are, then I'll put you down."

"I never lied about who I am. I'm... I'm still a Sheikah. Y/N is my name and I am here to help save Hyrule, not destroy it." 

"Hm," He said, evaluating my statement, "I don't believe you." 

He let me go.

"Revali!" I felt myself plunging to the ground. This is how I die? Being dropped by a cocky Rito? Goddesses, there's only one way I can save myself, but it'll reveal who I am to the others. I don't want to do that but... I also don't want to die. 

"Fine! You win!" With a victorious smirk, Revali darted beneath me and caught me. I was buried in his chest, my heart beating at an alarming rate. By this time, we had caught the concerned gaze of the others, shock painted upon their faces. We were a mess. Although Revali had caught me in time, we still managed to land ourselves in a very suggestive and cliche position; he was on top of me with his wings under my head to ensure I would not get hurt, and my arms were still tightly wrapped around his neck, my body locked from the shock of the flight - and fall. We ignored our position and the gaze of the others, I was silently begging Revali not to say anything about what he had just learned about me. I felt my eyes burn with tears.

"Y/N's a Yiga!"

"Revali!"

I tore myself from his grasp and got up off the floor, dusting myself off. I couldn't look at anybody, I feared what they had to say about me. 

"I know." Princess Zelda said calmly. My eyes widened in surprise. She knew? But how? 

"Princess I... I'm sorry for lying about everything. But I promise I am not like the others." I got down on one knee in front of the Princess, showing my commitment to her and the Kingdom. With a hand over my heart, I bowed my head before her. 

"I forgive you, Y/N. However, I don't think it's me you should be apologising to." I looked up to see who she was gesturing at; I saw Revali walking away from the group, distancing himself from everybody. 

Understanding what I had to do, I chased after Revali hoping to make amends. As much as I disliked him, I didn't want to hurt him or anybody else. I wanted to make this right... if that was possible. 

Revali stopped in his tracks. In front of him were three apple trees, each one ripe with apples. He drew his bow and aimed for the apples. Being some distance behind him, I decided to do the same, hoping to strike up a conversation. In all honesty, I was scared to talk to him. I knew that deep down he felt betrayed, despite not liking me. I bet he loathed me now...

Once he had cleared all of the apples but one, I decided to shoot my shot. Literally. I pulled out my duplex bow and drew the string back, lining it up with my ear. Then, I let go. Not only did I let go of the string, but I let go of all my worries. Just as planned, Revali had taken notice of my presence. 

"Go away. I have no need to speak with you." 

"Revali... please," I begged, taking a step closer to him, "I know you're hurt by all this. I am too. I can't tell you why, because I don't know. But I do know that I really am sorry for not saying anything. Goddesses, I feel most guilty for hurting you, of all people!" I threw my arms in the air in frustration. A low chuckle was heard from the Rito. 

"Careful, Y/N. If you keep talking like that, I might think you're in love with me." He crossed his arms and held a smug look on his face. I felt my cheeks grow warm.

"We both know I'd be too stubborn to admit that." He took a step toward me, driving my nerves crazy. My heartbeat quickened. 

"Would you be too stubborn to kiss me?" He held my chin gently, silently asking permission.I don't know where all of this came from, but I can't say I'm opposed to it. I didn't bother replying, for once I wanted to prove him wrong. 

For once, I didn't want to be stubborn

I kissed him, and he kissed back.

---

A/N: I hope that this was okay! I've been working on this one for a while and is one of the longest bits of writing I've done in about a year. The ending was a bit messy in my opinion, but I hope you liked it nonetheless! 

Thank you for reading! Remember requests are still open! <3 :)