Chapter 5~ You're kidding, right?

Screeching could be heard echoing throughout the room around me. My eyes stung as I tried to open them to observe where I was. Weakly, I raise my head from its laying position and fully opened my eyes. I was sitting in a dimly lit room that had only on light.. There was a couch and T.V. next to me with a coffee table in the middle of the two. I was sitting uncomfortably next to them in a single chair. My hands were roughly tied behind me and i could feel whatever was used digging into my wrists. The door across from me opened and the sound of rusted door hinges echoed throughout the room.

"I see you're finally awake," a voice said as a person entered the room. His face was hidden in the darkness of the room but his voice sounded familiar. He walked towards me slowly, a small stride in his step. As face fully entered the light I could tell he was grinning hungrily. "I've been waiting all this time to see you," he said as he sat down on the couch. The light flickered and i swear I could see an evil glint in his eye. I opened my mouth to speak, but my throat hurt and no words came out. "It's ok, don't speak, I already know what you're going to say." The room became deathly silent as he sat there staring at me, like he was observing me. After a while he reached into his pocket and pulled out what looked like a knife. He walked over behind me and cut the ropes that bound my hands together. I moved my limp arms onto my lap as the man walked in front of me.

"You were wondering, right? My name is Mat, though you should already know that," he said with a slight bow. After hearing that name I realized why this guy seemed familiar. He was one of my childhood friends. I slowly lifted my head to look up at him. He had a grin on his face as he was twirling the knife in his hand.

"Your face looks the same as Jerome's when i told him you were now mine." I froze in my seat when he said that. His smile only grew more when he saw my reaction. I clenched my teeth together as i started to glare at him.

"Yo..u....bastard," I breathed out not able to say anymore. I noticed Mat's expression change slightly as he reached down and grabbed my mouth. He pulled me upwards so my face was in front of his. His expression turned to an angry grin as he squeezed my face.

"I will break you so you can never escape." He let go of my mouth then turned around to leave the room. "It's already over for you and your friends," was the last thing he said before leaving the room.

~Seto's POV~

I sat on the closest bench to me as the wind blew through the trees. I always used to come to the park when I was upset. I brought my knees to my chest and sat there looking at my surroundings, The park was quite peaceful since no one else was around. The breeze that blew against me felt wonderful and it seemed to calm me down. I closed my eyes and just listened to the sounds of the park. "Seto?" a voice said as footsteps walked closer to me. I opened my eyes and noticed a girl standing in front of me.

"Shelby," I said surprised to see her here. She smiled and sat down next to me. She was wearing a light black jacket with pink shorts and it seemed that she had been jogging.

"What's wrong, you only come here when you're upset?" I turned my head away from her not wanting to talk about it. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"A lot of things  have happened and I don't think I can really wrap my head around it." I breathed out slowly, almost on the verge of tears after thinking about everything. She looked at me sympathetically before taking something out of her pocket. She handed me a cookie with what looked like a smiley face on it.

"I made these for myself to help me be motivated but I want you to have it." She smiled as I took the cookie. It wasn't very much but I smiled a bit at this little gift. "I need to go now, come talk to me if you're feeling down." She waved at me before running off in the opposite direction. I put the cookie in my pocket before getting off the bench. I stretched out my arms then walked off to leave the park. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I took it out to check it. I had one message and the name of who sent it surprised me. I hesitated before opening the message.

"Seto, I need to talk to you. Do you think you could meet me tomorrow in the park." I clenched my teeth trying to hold back tears from falling. Why would he do this to me? Leave me then ask to talk to me. I wiped my eyes before putting my phone back in my pocket. I didn't know what to say or how to respond. The thought of seeing him again made me happy but I didn't know what to do. I crouched down where I was standing and put my head in my knees. I let the tears fall down my face as I crouched there.

~Jerome's POV~

I sat on Mitch's porch as I watched the sun set. The sky was filled with a beautiful yellow and pink color. The sun was hidden behind the trees where no one could see it. I was alone watching over the house as Ty and Adam went to go buy things. They should be back any time now so i was waiting for them. Soon enough it became dark out and the street lights kicked on. After a little while car lights pulled into the driveway and Ty and Adam got out of the car. I got up and walked over to them to see a car full of bags. "We may have gotten a little to much," Adam said going back to open the trunk. I sighed as I helped them carry everything inside.

After everything was put away I sat down on the couch, tired from carrying all those bags in. The T.V. was on and the news was playing. I didn't know what was going on so I just sat there staring at the screen. Suddenly, I felt my phone go off in my pocket so I took it out to check. I had a message from an unknown number though I decided to check it anyway. I was shocked to see the contents of the message and I almost crushed my phone in my hand. It was a picture of Mitch slouched over in a chair with a few cuts on him. Mat was standing next to him holding his face. The message read, "It's all over."