Chapter 7~ Idiot

The sound of crunching leaves became progressively louder as I hurried to catch up with my younger brother. His laughter echoed throughout the forest and lead me to where he was at. A field of flowers stood before me, my brother standing in the middle of it. "Leo come on, we have to hurry back before mom and dad return." He turned toward me and pouted, obviously not wanting to go home. I sighed, leaning against a tree to think about what to do.

Crunching leaves could be heard coming from the other side of the flower field. "Leo we need to go," I said, scared from what might be making the noise. Leo shook his head, still pouting. A figure appeared from the trees making my heartbeat speed up. Without thinking, I ran up to Leo, grabbed his hand, and started to run. I could tell Leo had looked behind us because a few seconds later he was trying to hold back a scream.

"Seto he's following us," Leo said, fear clear in his voice. I shook my head, trying to dodge all the branches as I kept running. I reassured Leo it was going to be fine and to just keep running. My vision became blurred as I suddenly lost my footing and rolled down the hill in front of us. Unable to see clearly or stop myself, I hit a tree which knocked the wind out of me. Once I was stable, I lifted my head to see Leo against a tree further up the hill. The guy that had been following us was standing atop the hill looking down on us and I noticed what looked like a weapon in his hand.

"LEO!" I yelled hoping that he would hear me. The man smiled as he slid down the hill to where Leo was at. My head started to feel dizzy and my vision got blurry. The last thing I remember was a gunshot resounding in my ears as I fell unconscious.

I stepped back, not knowing what to do or say. This was impossible. This couldn't be possible, right? I shook my head and covered my ears, hoping what he said was a lie. "How?" I muttered, tears starting to form in my eyes. Brice grabbed my hand and pulled it away from my ear. I stood there in shock, no one saying anything.

"I'm sorry." I looked up at Brice, his face filled with mixed emotions. I lowered my other hand from my ear as the tears fell down my face. I shook my head as more tears fell down my face.

"Why do you know." My voice was shaky and I couldn't stop myself from crying. I saw Brice clench his teeth as he squeezed my head.

"I'm sorry," was the only thing Brice said. I stepped back, trying to pull my hand out of his but it didn't work. Brice had lowered his head and I could tell that he was crying as well.

"You're an idiot," I said without thinking. I heard Brice laugh as he wiped the tears from his eyes. He lifted my hand up to his mouth and kissed it.

"Maybe I am." He let go of my hand and I let it fall down to my waist. I used my other hand to wipe away my tears before looking back up at Brice.

"When you feel its right I want you to tell me all you know." Brice smiled and nodded his head. Hesitantly, I hugged Brice, burying my head in his chest. Slowly, Brice hugged me back and we stayed like that for awhile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another chapter for you lovely people. Kind of a little short but I just wanted to get it out to you guys. I hope you enjoyed ^(^.^)^ and maybe leave some feedback down below v(^.^)v.

~Flips

Bye~