Chapter 9

Nya's POV

Jay steps forward slowly, and I do too. Lesson had ended and it was just us.

Together.

Alone.

In broad daylight. It was like the world around us had disappeared, or was never there in the first place.

A hand cups my chin. Jay's hand. He tilts my head upwards, planting a small kiss on the corner of my mouth. He scanned my face, his eyes filled with desire and love as he leaned in once more, this time locking his lips with mine-

I jolt awake in a pool of sweat, breathing heavily.

Did that just happen?

My eyes went directly to my phone, which had fallen to the ground. It was two in the morning, and I definitely wasn't going to get any rest after this.

Raking a hand through my hair, I open my messages and look through my conversation with Jay. It was mainly us goofing around and discussing a project. There was also a new unread message from him, sent approximately a good fifteen minutes ago. I couldn't help the smile on my face whilst my fingers tapped out a message.

I had a dream about you 😂

Oh really?

...

Yeah. You brought a llama to some teaparty with me and a genie person before galloping off on it into the distance

That's pretty...random...

Aren't all dreams? What about you? 

No dream here, lmao

I felt guilty for lying, but Jay seemed to figure it out and put the puzzle pieces together.

You sure? No one wakes up on their own at 2 in the morning to check their messages, just sayin

It was just a dream.

Please specify, m'lady

I could trust Jay, right?

A kissing dream...between two individuals

Jay shoots back with a reply.

I'm guessing you and someone who isn't Lloyd?

Yeah........

Major relationship goals right there, I gotta say. Who were you kissing then? XD

Oh, just some pop singer, I dunno. Their face was super blurry.

😂😂 Noice
Hey, listen, I gotta go, but it was nice having a late night convo with you

Anytime, Gordon :)

;)

Sighing, I put my phone aside and flop back onto my pillow. For once in his life, Kai was right about something.

I do have feelings for Jay. Feelings that were growing stronger by the day. I had no idea how Jay'd react if I told him the truth about the kiss. Would he grow mad? Distant? Would he reprociate his feelings like Kai'd said?

One thing's for sure, Lloyd was not gonna be happy.

Which is why he's not gonna find out.

Though it felt like forever, the night sky brightened to a background of brilliant blue and fluffy clouds in the distance.

Grabbing my stuff, I head out the doors. I'll just grab breakfast at school, it's fine. 

Seliel swoops me up in a hug the minute I step into the building, "Baby, I am so sorry I didn't get to wish you happy birthday yesterday!"

"It's no problem," I tell her, and Cole ruffles my hair, smiling.

"Either way, happy belated birthday."

"Thanks."

We walk towards the canteen and Seliel loops her arm through mine, "So, we heard about the cabin idea, and we wanna know what the plan is."

"What plan?" I ask, frowning.

"Like, are we getting shitfaced before we get there or after we get there?"

I bit my lip, "I'd say uh...never?"

"Oh c'mon! Don't be a prude!" Seliel teases, "Jesus, we gotta get you laid, woman!"

"Seliel!"

"I'm just saying!" We enter the room and the smell of breakfast wafts under my nose. I see Jay sat alone with a bowl of cereal, book in hand. Picking up two coffees and a plate of toast, I glance at my friends, "There's actually something I have to do, but I'll find you guys later?"

They both exchanged glances and shrugged, "Eh, sure." They head off to a secluded table far in the corner, and I go the opposite way towards Jay.

"You look like you could use a coffee," I state, setting one of the two cups down in front of him, as well as a pile of sugar and milk. Jay grinned and poured in several sachets of both, stirring it and swallowing it all down, "I gotta say, school coffee ain't half bad."

"One would say it's an acquired taste," I respond, taking small sips and biting into the toast. I look up to see him quietly reading his book. My gaze lowers to his lips, and I can't stop staring.

Jay notices me staring and frowns, "What? Do I have something on my mouth?"

"What? No, no, I just...daydreaming, I guess."

He chuckled, turning the page, "You are a true Enigma, Nya Smith. If I wasn't interested in you before, I most definitely am now."

That statement makes me smile, butterflies in my stomach.