Chapter 13

Nya's POV

According to our teacher, Jay and I were currently working the fastest out of everyone, and that we had the strongest work ethic they'd ever seen before. 

Meeting up on Friday to work on our invention will give us more time, and just boost us that much more, giving me a better chance at passing this class.

Right now it was Friday morning, and I had been hogging the bathroom for over an hour, much to Kai's frustration.

"Nya! Get your ass outta there, I need the toilet!"

"Almost ready!" I pack up my stuff, shoving it back into its designated shelves before unlocking the door and making my way downstairs, grabbing an apple and racing out the doors and off to school.

The minute I enter the building, Seliel is at my side, "Hey you!"

"Seliel, hey!" 

Grabbing my hand, she hauled me down the corridors, dragging me towards the girls' restrooms, pushing us both in before shutting the doors, "I heard about what happened."

"Yeah?"

"I think you're making a mistake."

My eyebrows raise in disbelief, "Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, but what you and Lloyd had was great, and you're just gonna throw all that away because of a game!"

Suddenly I lose it, "It wasn't a game, Seliel! I couldn't breathe in there! And it's not just because of the cabin incident, there's so much more to it that you don't even realise!" 

"Right, because you're getting all buddy-buddy with Jay, huh?" 

I stop. "How do you know about that?"

"I, uh..."

My hand slams against the bathroom counter, "Out with it, Seliel!"

She glowered at me, "Lloyd saw the text messages between you and Jay when you two were still dating. He didn't fully trust you with him, hence why I locked you in there, initiating hide and seek. We looked through the messages, ditched you and then made a run for it."

Silence filled the air and betrayal stabbed through me.

"You guys just left me in the cabin?" My voice is quiet and hoarse. Seliel takes my hands in hers, "I know, and I am so sorry. Cole and I didn't want to do it, but Lloyd insisted we went along with it and-"

"And you did."

"If I could take back what I did to you, I would do it in a heartbeat, because you didn't deserve any of it. I just wanted that weekend to let loose and get completely drunk because my parents are divorcing, and it's hurting me, and I took that out by leaving you there alone. Please, I am so sorry."

"Yeah, well...it's a little too late for that now, isn't it?"

"Nya-"

"Seliel, I'm sorry that your parents are divorcing, I really am, but that doesn't give you the right to do what you did to me. You're just as guilty as the other two. Where's Lloyd?"

She looked away guiltily, "The football field. Nya wait-"

But I ignore her, storming out and down the corridors, kicking open the backdoors and breaking out into a sprint. A tall blonde figure stood in the distance, swinging around a lacrosse stick, deep in conversation with a simpering brunette. Anger seeps through me as I finally near him.

"You dick!" Grabbing him by the shoulder, I spin him around and slap him hard across the face.

"What the fuck?! Have you gone mad?!" He seems pissed? Well, I am too.

"High words coming from you! You locked me in the closet just to look through my messages?! Who I talk to and hang out with is none of you business, so just stay out of it!" I turned to the girl he was talking to, and she too, seemed pretty annoyed by my presence, "Hey, just so you know, if you get involved with him, be prepared for the toxicity, that's my warning to you, so run while you still can."

Lloyd stares at me, "You're insane, you know that?"

I finally turn to Lloyd, sneering. "You should've known what you were getting yourself into when  we started dating. You wanna gaslight me? I will set the gasoline on fire."

Seliel finally grabs me, pulling me back towards the building and away from the jerk.

She pushed me into the nearest classroom, gripping my shoulders, "Okay. You need to calm down."

"How can I? He completely invaded my privacy! And you went along with it!" I pushed her hands away, going for the door. "I'm going to class. But you and I? We're finished, Seliel."