Choose

Her parents quietly waited for Lydia to sit down on the couch and tell them how was her test. "Lydia," Her mom spoken."How was your test?" She shrugged her shoulders."Fine. I was still nervous, but I passed." Her parents nods gracefully.

"Great. Now you only have the Choosing Ceremony to do." Her dad said cheerfully. "Yeah." She smiles slightly and fiddled her fingers. Silence overcomes them for a moment.

"There it is!" Her dad yelled, breaking the silence. Both Lydia and her mom were confused. "That look on her face and when she fiddles with her fingers.. She hiding something." He eyed Lydia. "I am not!" she lied.

"Just very tried and not hungry right now," She said frowning. "And we are done talking about this. I'm going to bed. Goodnight." She said angrily as she runs upstairs and slammed the door locked.

------

Later on that night. Lydia couldn't go to sleep. She was thinking too much about everything was going on. She sat up and looked under her bed for the notebook. Grabbed it and started to read till she felt tried again. Lydia was sleeping soundly when she heard her mom waking her up.

"Lydia.. Lydia.. Wake up.. I got your stuff ready." She whispered into Lydia's ear. Lydia groaned. "Nooo. Can I just skip this? Like forever..?" She joked as she sits up when she sees her mom reading her notebook. "MOM! What are you doing?!" She yelled at her and smacked the notebook off her hands.

"Lydia.. I only read one thing and it was something about Jackson." Her mom laughed at Lydia. Lydia calmed down and let's out a breath. "Okay.. Sorry mom." She picked up the notebook and placed it under her pillow. "Let me get dress."

"Ok sweetie.. Here." She gave Lydia a beautiful dark red dress. Not too long, not too short. Perfect for Lydia. She took it and examine it.

"Thanks mom. It's beautiful."She smiled at her.

"I know. I'll let you get dress and don't have a mental breakdown again when I leave."A couple minutes later, Lydia is dress and ready to go as she walks down stairs and sees her mom tearing up and dad smiling happily at her.

"Mom. Why are you crying?" Her mom spoke shakily as she wipes her happily tears. "I'm not. Just really happy for you.. And you look so beautiful for wither faction you choose."

"We're both happy." Her dad corrected her. Lydia smiled and hugged both of her parents. "I love you guys so much." She said softly to them. "We know." Her parents said together.Lydia looked outside the window and see Jackson waiting for her. "I go to go.. Jackson outside." She looked at her parents one last time before she head out. "We love you!" Her parents said as she rushed out.

Jackson and Lydia were walking side by side talking to each other when Lydia accidentally bump into a girl. "Oh, I'm sorry." They both say. The girl looked at Lydia and smiled brightly at her. She extended out her hand. "Hi! I'm Ivory. But everyone calls me Ivy." Lydia smiled back and quickly looked up and down at her. She had long brown hair, tied up to a ponytail. Pink rosy cheeks, long natural eyelashes and dark brown cheerful eyes. She wore a long light yellow dress with a lighter yellow sweater to cover her shoulders. "She almost looks like a cheerful sun." Lydia thought.

"Hi. I'm Lydia and this is Jackson. She glances up at Jackson and see him looking at something at the distance. She elbowed him to speak up. "Hi. I'm Jackson..We're just about to head to the choosing ceremony. You going too?" He asked politely. "Yeah. I'm going, I'm going to pick dauntless, of course." She gasped loudly and quickly covers her mouth. "I wasn't supposed to say that.." She whispered softly. Lydia grabbed her hand and smiled. "It's ok.. I'm going to Dauntless too." She whispered into Ivy's ear. Ivy smiled and sighed. "Great. Now I have a buddy to come with." Ivy tightly hugged Lydia. "I'm going too." Jackson added along. Ivy hugged Jackson too and soon later began to go to the choosing ceremony.

As Lydia, Ivy, and Jackson walk to the choosing ceremony. Lydia see a thousands or more people in other factions waiting for it to start. Amazed as she is, She suddenly saw Katherine Matthews. Her eyes widen and she looked closer. Katherine look just like Jeanine, but with long light brown hair and taller. And by her side was James. She nervously grabbed Jackson's hand, pulling him to a corner.

"Lydia, What's wrong?" He asked her confused as he quickly looked around to see anyone near them. "I-I can't do this Jackson.They're going to find out about us." She started to panicked as she she looked at Katherine. Jackson followed where her eyes were heading, towards Katherine and James. He grabbed her shoulders and pulled her into a tight hug. "Hey, Hey..It's alright.. I'm going to protect you. Remember?.." She nodded as she was holding him tightly.

"I trust you Jackson." She whispered into his chest, closing her eyes, Jackson rest his chin on her head as she leaned more into Jackson's chest. Listening to his heartbeat thumping normally, She began to calmed down. "You ok now?" Jackson whispered to her. "Y-Yeah.." She said shakily. A announcement came on when Jackson was about to say something.

Attention everyone, we are about to start the choosing ceremony. Please be seated. Thank you.

Jackson sighed and lets go of Lydia. She hold on to his hand as they went to go be seated. One by one for each faction, everyone were called on to choose. Miranda Brass, Riley Strawmier, Forest Reyes, and so on. Amity was last called, Lydia helded Jackson's hand tighter. He kept telling her she'll be fine and she believed him. Ivory Stoner. Ivy was called on and she quickly glances at Jackson and Lydia and smiled at them before she got up.

Jackson Kyurell. Jackson was called and Lydia was about to freak out when Jackson whispered into her ear. "Trust me Lydia.. If we can make it after being initiates from Dauntless, we'll run away. Together. Away from factions, Katherine's people.. and never hear the words Divergent again. How's that princess?"

She shyly glanced at him. "Sounds perfect." She whispered back. Jackson got up and walk towards the table where a bowl of five faction represents as Abnegation, Erudite, Dauntless, Candor, and Amity. He picked up a knife that was on the table and cut his palm. Before the blood came out he places his over near the Dauntless bowl and squeeze the blood out. The fire crackled and James yelled Dauntless! The Dauntless crowd cheered and whooped as Jackson walks over there.

Lydia Raves.

Lydia gulped and walk over to the table as she glances at the bowls. She picked up the heavy knife and lightly places it on her palm. Starting to cut her hand, she bites her lip in slight pain. She quickly hesitated as she was holding in her blood.

Maybe I can stay in Amity and don't have to say goodbye to my parents. They can keep me safe from Katherine.. She looked up and see Katherine smiling at her. She faked a smile back and looked back at Jackson and Ivy. Jackson met her eyes and mouthed: Trust me.. Lydia turned back around and squeezed her blood over the Dauntless bowl. Dauntless! James yelled as the Dauntless crowd cheered.