Take One For The Team

Finally making out of Erudite safely, Jackson and Forest had a plan. Riley, Miranda, Ivy and Forest goes beyond the fence and stay at the second secret house that Jackson and Lydia were suppose to go. And Jackson takes Lydia to a hospital quickly. They all agreed and headed out.

Jackson and Lydia were on the train heading to the hospital for Lydia.

She's gotten pale and weak from loss of blood.

She really knew she wasn't going to make it, but she promise Jackson.

Jackson lays Lydia on his lap as he keeps pressure on her stomach.

Lydia started to cough up blood and looks at Jackson, worried.

"I'm not going to make it Jackson." She said teared eyes.

"Yes you are, you promise me. Remember?" She nods weakly.

"Good. I need you to keep talking to me."

"Okay." Jackson leaned down and kissed her gently. She sat up a little to kiss him back but pulls away slightly, biting her lip from a slight pain she had.

She lays her head on his lap and looked into his eyes.

"You have pretty blue eyes Jackson." She said slow yet softly.

"Thanks princess. And you have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen in my life and I'd like to keep it that way."

He chuckled. She couldn't help but laugh.

"Don't make me laugh Jackson."
She laughs in pain. He rubbed her arms to keep her warm and smiled.

"My bad." A couple minutes later Jackson heard a noise from the back of the train. He glances down at Lydia, her eyes were closed.

"Lydia.." She slowly turns her head, facing him and frowns. "Sorry. I didn't mean to close my eyes. They're getting heavy."

"It's fine princess,"

He gets up and leans her to a wall.

"I'm going to check the train if we're really alone and if we're almost at the hospital.

He pause, looking at her as he hold her stomach.

"Do you think you can make it for me when I come back?"

She hesitated for a moment, then nods. "Okay. But come back quick."

"Here," He hands her a loaded gun. "Just in case.."

He gave her a soft quick kiss on the lips and got up, walking out the back door. 

Lydia got up in a sitting position and waited till Jackson to come back.

Still keeping pressure on her stomach, she takes out her knife and cut a piece of her shirt, wrapping it around her to keep the pressure in place.

Looking down at her hands, her eyes widen in fear. She never seen so much blood come out of her.

She tried to calm herself down and sees Jackson come back and picking her quickly.

"J-Jackson-Shh!"

Jackson cut her off.

"Katherine here!"

Lydia shook her head.

"I-I'd kill her!"

He puts Lydia in a corner where giant boxes and food hid them.

"Well she not dead yet and she going to find us if we don't find a way from her!"

He whispered angrily at her.

"Is anyone else with her."

She whispered back.

"Yeah. Four guards with her."He said quietly.

Lydia glances at her loaded gun then at Jackson.

"We can take them Jackson."

"You're not going. Do you know how dangerous it is!" He says looking at her with worry in his eyes.

"But this is Katherine we're talking about. If we let her slip through our fingers, She can gain power again and won't stop finding us till we're dead!" She says.

"Not without bring you to a hospital!" He says grabbing her wrist.

Two guards came into the cart where Jackson and Lydia were, looking around to see if anyone is on.

They left when they thought the coast was clear. Jackson thinks for a moment and pushed Lydia to the corner tighter, grabbing a metal chains and quickly wrapping around her waist.

"Jackson! what are you doing?!" She angrily whispered to him.

He look at her with:Please-forgive-me-for-what-I'm about-to-do-look.

"I'm sorry Lydia, I have to do this. I can't let you fight with me anymore." He said apologizing.

"Jackson. Get this off me! I can fight with you!"

"Lydia, you can't."

"Why? Is it because I'm dying?!"

"Yes Lydia!" He snapped at her, quickly looked back to make sure no ones around.

"Lydia I care about you too much for you to do this!"

"That don't matter-Yes it does! To me!" He cut her off again.

"I thought we were a team Jackson.." She stared at him, tears filling up in her eyes.

"We are, Lydia.., But I need to take one for the team." He softly said to her.

"I can't lose you Jackson. You've been with me since the beginning.." She chokes out, holding back her tears.

A lump formed in Lydia's throat, she knew what's was about to happen if Jackson left her to finish off Katherine.

Jackson unwrapped the chains off Lydia slowly and kissed her forehead.

"Stay here princess. I'll be back..Okay?" Her vision blurs in tears as she looked at Jackson.

"Okay..Just..p-please hurry."

He nods and kissed her deeply as she watches him leaves and listens out.