Where Am I?

Lydia's POV

Birds chirping. All that Lydia could hear was chirping and nature around her.

Moving around, she feels softness and warmth from a blanket.

She smiled in her sleep and slowly flutters her eyes open.

Feeling the warm razes of the sun shining down at her, she rolled over to find Jackson. But all she felt was coldness on the other side.

Quickly sit up, flashbacks everything that happened to her. Everything from she chosen Dauntless till she was dying in Jackson's arms.

She screamed. Screaming so loudly she stop till her voice was raw and hurting.

Glancing at her chest and stomach, nothing was there.

No bandages or scars...Like it was never there...

Like it never happened.

The only thing that was processing in her mind in this state of panic was Jackson.

Jackson, Where's Jackson. I need to find Jackson!

Lydia scrambled out of her bed which made her fall off, causing a loud thud to make a voice yells at her.

Her eyes widened when she heard her mom calling for breakfast.

Untangling the sheets and blankets off her, She quickly rushed downstairs to make sure it's her mom.

The scents of eggs and bacons fill the living room as she looked around any sight of her mom.

"Lydia, you up?" Her mom called out to her.

Lydia slowly moves away from the wall where she was hiding and see her mom's back facing her from the stove.

It felt as if all the air was filled back into her lungs as she sees her mom. Her legs lost all it's feeling and she falls on the kitchen floor.

Her mom takes a double take to notices that Lydia was laying on the floor.

She stops what she was doing and helped Lydia up.

"Lydia! You all right sweetie?"

She checked her, up and down to see what was wrong and checked her forehead to make sure she doesn't have fever.

"Lydia, you alright now?"

Lydia blankly stared at her mom, trying to figure out if this is a dream or a simulation.

She started to pinch herself till she felt pain on her arm.

"Mom.."

Lydia choked out. Tears swelled up in her eyes as she pulls her mom into a tight hug.

They stood there, holding each other as her mom holds Lydia's shaking body as she whispered soothing words in her ear, stroking her hair occasionally.

After a while, Lydia pulled away, swallowing the lump in her throat. Her hand shot out and grabs her mom's arm, stopping her in her tracks.

"A-Are you really here..?" She says shakily.

Her mom tilted her head to the side and smiled.

"Yes and no Lydia, But before you freak out I'll explain to you sweetie..Okay?"

Lydia's eyes widened for a moment but relaxed.

"Okay mom."

She slightly smiled at her as her mom went back to the stove to finish cooking the eggs.