♥ ~ Wait, Rinas have a Point

Before y'all come attack me for "defending" Rinas, I think you should hear me out on something because there is something that they have right. I'm talking about the infamous confession scene in episode 6. Now, in the scene, if I can remember, Gina says that she can't do anything right the first time and that she doesn't quit and tries to get it right the next time. Notice how this is her first time confessing her feelings to anyone (not just Ricky). That's why she doesn't straight up say "I like/love you," to him and chooses the words "I wouldn't give up on us." Now, from personal experience, I know exactly how both Ricky and Gina feel in the scene.

While Gina always viewed their relationship as a friends to lovers romantic thing, Ricky always saw it in a more platonic way (I, for one have always felt that way with their relationship). He, however never told Gina that, making her question everything and when she confessed, he was most likely thinking that she wouldn't give up on their obviously strong friendship at that time. They brought the best out of each other at that time (Ricky being able to step out of his comfort zone with the musical and Gina opening up her heart to others).

When it comes to Ricky, you've gotta be blunt with him. Like Mr. Mazzara level blunt. However, people tiptoe around him, thus leading him to react to the truth in an unexpected way. So Gina choosing those words instead of "I like/love you," isn't gonna make as much of an impact in his head due to the fact that he can't comprehend double meanings that well. This is why he never got the hint with Gina until ep 6 when he asked to partner up with her. He finally realized that they're was something off, which is why they don't interact with each other for the latter half of the season. There's many other examples of him not getting hints but I'm too lazy to explain them right now (maybe in a future chapter if y'all want it).

Anyways, Rinas do have a point in that area, but I don't think that this means anything for the two and their future relationship in the romantic sense. Gina's experience with Ricky is what led to her confessing her feelings for EJ to him. She can't do anything right the first time. Ricky was the first time and EJ was her not quitting. She thought she wasn't quitting on Ricky but she really wasn't quitting on her heart. Ricky was her first attempt and she failed. She found success through EJ.

And that's on character development.

I would really love for these two to make up and become close friends and we have a golden trio of EJ/Ricky/Gina. It would be the closest thing to having my ship but you know, whatever.