To My Past Self On Those Songs: I Hate You

This isn't really a random thought, nor an unpopular opinion, nor a concept. This is just me about to rant. I don't remember what I said in one of the previous chapters (I'm not gonna check right now, I want this to be my raw review) about the three songs that were just released from Josh. But I think it was along the lines of how theses songs were gonna break me and that was gonna be a future me problem.

Well I'm future me now and to past me I kindly would like to flip the bird to you my love because those songs killed me :)

Those songs were honestly probably some of the best songs from Josh yet, in my opinion. Each song was different in vibe but complemented each other perfectly. I mean, jesus, I loved them. If I had to pick a fav, it would have to be (I think I'm about to sound basic) Set Me Free. It was everything to me. The vocals. The lyrics. The production. THE. MUSIC. VIDEO. It was perfect. Hearing it as a fan, I was just in shock. He's come a long way since Common Sense and honestly this song proves that. The music video made me cry deeply because of the way the vibes felt. I just...I made the right choice on claiming that song. If I could explain the amount of freeness I felt hearing the song and watching the MV I would. But I can't, and that's fine.

But, here's the part everyone's talking about: the drama.

Now, I know it's very early and most people aren't up yet to even hear the songs, but I'm very shocked on the lack of hate. It's an amazing thing and I'm so so happy. But however, the media never sleeps so who knows. On my side of things, I've shared my opinions on it many times on here. And after these songs have been released, I sat here and realized that I really don't care about it anymore. At least, I don't want to. Haters are gonna come and go; this drama isn't going to end after the release of three songs. But I feel like the storm is almost over and I'll finally, as a fan, feel at peace. I don't know, something about knowing that we have ALL the sides of the story is satisfying for me and now I can genuinely feel more confident on saying that I still listen to all three artists without feeling like I'm gonna be hurt. I'm glad that everyone involved with the drama is ready to/or have been able to move on. That's all that matters to me.

And on a lesser note, um...the merch looks dope. Guess I'm gonna have to buy a fifth item from this man. Yay!

Edit: just saw the actual thing I said on that chapter and my past self was ruder than I thought she was. Excuse me for having an emotional attraction to this man. Geez!

Edit x2: That GQ article...that's all I can say because wow