☀ ~ When are y'all gonna learn

Okay so in the recent week, I've noticed something and I need to make a PSA about it because some of the hsmtmts fandom hasn't learned from 2020/2021 at all.

Can we pls stop shipping jatt, like, now???

There are some people jokingly shipping them and I'm not talking about you guys. This is for the people who actually do ship them. And for those people, I know the reasoning behind you guys shipping them and I know you guys want Josh to be in a happy queer relationship but pls pls pls stop shipping him with Matt. It's not healthy for many reasons.

The first obvious reason is that Matt (that I know of) is a straight guy and it forces the idea that people can't have platonic relationships and that queer people can't be friends with someone the same sex without having romantic implications.

Example being that my friend group consists of all queer kids (myself included). One of my friends tried dating another one of my friends just because they both like men and they were the only boys in the main friend group. They broke up a couple months later because it was awkward for them. But they felt like they had to date because they were both attracted to the same sex.

And before I continue with my statement, I know people are explaining that in the tiktok Josh posted that it looks like he was trying to kiss Matt. Friends kiss all the time. I hope not as much now since we're still in a pannie but it's normal for friends to kiss each other and still keep a platonic friendship going, you know?

The other most obvious reason why this kinda bothers me is that this whole thing is kinda how the Jolivia shipping started. People saw how "flirty" they were with each other and they thought they were dating and...y'all probably know the rest (if not, just search up Josh, Olivia, or Sabrina on any platforms or search engine, it'll pop up). But based on what I've seen, I think that Josh just has that "flirty" personality, you know. But I don't know him or anyone close to him so I'm not going to speak much about that.

I don't know about you guys, but I don't want the Jatt friendship to end because of fans shipping them. It'll be the end of the world for me since them and Sofia are one of the main reasons I still watch the show. And mind you, I loved Jolivia's friendship and then it got ruined so please consider the fact that these aren't characters in a movie and that they are real humans in the world.

My final part of the statement is that I'm not opposing the possiblility of Jatt being an official couple. I honestly think they'd be kinda cute together. But I'm not going to make a big deal about my feelings about their relationship unless it's about their really dope friendship. If they become official, then that's when I'll talk about it. 

Thanks for coming to my ted talk or whatever.