Chapter 1: Before

Tara's POV 

I shut my locker and turn to leave school when I'm hit with a locker door beside me, making me knock into a passing student. It was Blake O'Hair who sent his locker door into my back and the pain actually stung. 

"Watch where you're going, bitch," the boy I ran into snarls before knocking my books out of my hands and leaving. Sighing, I pick up my books, glare at Blake, and leave. It's something different every day. I can't get enough of it. 

//////////////////////////////

When I get home from school, my mother is in the living room. She clearly just got home from work because she still has on her heels and her work portfolio rests on the couch beside her. 

"Go get your brother, we need to talk," she says. I nod my head and run upstairs. 

"Tom," I whisper, knocking on the door. 

"Go away, Tara. I'm busy." 

"Mom needs to see us." I say louder. He sighs and opens his door. He's shirtless and his girlfriend, Emily, is laying on his bed behind him. 

"Oh, you're with Emily. I can go tell Mom that her boss's daughter is here. That'd be quite the story." I send Tom a smirk and walk off. 

My mom knows that Tom and Emily are friends but she doesn't know about their relationship, especially the sexual aspect of it. She definitely doesn't know that Emily is here either. I know for a fact that she snuck in through the backdoor or his window and will stay hidden in his room all night. 

"Tara." His voice is cold and I hear the dangerous daring tone in it. I turn slightly and look at him. "I'll be down in a minute." I nod and walk downstairs. 

"He'll be down in a minute," I tell my mom. She rolls her eyes.

"Wait for me in the kitchen." I nod and go wait at the kitchen counter. 

//////////////////////

"Tom, mind telling me why you're always gone after curfew?" my mom asks. I suck in a deep breath because I know what he's out doing and with who. He's always with Brady and Emily. 

"There's something I haven't been honest about," he begins, sounding disappointed in himself to add effect. I can't believe he's going to tell her. She's going to be furious.

"I've gotten a job." I turn quickly to look at him in disbelief.

"You've what?!" My mother exclaims. 

"Yeah, I work at the gas station." 

"You cannot be serious," I say, because I know he's not. He's out partying, drinking, having sex, all of the above, with his friends. 

Tom glares at me. He knows I know the truth. 

"I am."
~
A/N-Not sure how long each chapter will be yet. Just starting off slow. Hope you like it. (It's also short because it's before everything happens)

2nd A/N (May 17, 2018)- I just started editing Never Ending again, just to improve the writing and making the story line a little longer and better. I encourage y'all to reread it because if I'm honest, it sucked back in 2015.