Chapter 9: Rescue Mission

Tara's POV

"What if Eli doesn't know where I am?" I ask. John groans and waltzes over.

"If you talk about Eli one more time you'll be sorry," He growls.

"But he's comi.." John presses against me and glares down at me.

"I told you to stop talking about him."

"Let me go."John laughs and runs his fingers down my side. I suck in a deep breath and try to get away. His skin is rough and feels dirty touching me. I want to throw up.

"I guess I'll just have to punish you for not listening," he growls. Tears cloud my vision and I quickly look away.

"If Eli doesn't come, you're all mine," John says. I bite back a rude comment and shudder.

"He will find me," I choke out.

"You know, I think Eli chose a good one for me," he says, darkly. I gulp and try to scream. John puts a hand over my mouth to muffle it.

My throat clenches together tightly. There's no pain I'm actually feeling but for some reason I start crying.

"Oh babe, don't cry. How about I make it all better?" John's other hand trails down my thigh and I jerk my foot into his shin. He jumps back and glares at me.

"You're gonna pay for that."

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Eli's POV

I ran all the way back to Tara's house and jumped into the driver's side of Tom's car. He catches up with me quickly.

"Eli," Tom says as he gets in his car.

"I know where she is," I say, reaching out my palm for his car keys. Tom hands me the keys and I start the car and speed through the neighborhood.

"This is all my fault," I mutter and smack my hands on the steering wheel.

"Where is she?" Tom asks.

"John O'Hair took her to get back at me because I quit."

"Quit what?"

"His business," I reply quietly. I see Tom's features harden.

"You sold drugs, didn't you? This is why you said it was dangerous. My little sister's been hanging out with a drug dealer?" Tom turns in his seat and gawks at me. It's hard to miss the furious look on his face.

"I quit! Okay?" I say, scared he would stop me from seeing her. "This whole mess is because I wanted to quit!"

Tom sends me a glare and turns towards the window.

"When are we gonna get there?" he mutters.

"Soon," I reply.

"And what if we're too late?" Tom asks, turning towards me again.

"I'll kill that bastard," I growl.

"We're gonna get my sister back then I'm telling my mother about you," Tom says after a few minutes in silence. I grip the steering wheel in anger and turn down a side street.

"If you do that, I'll never get to see her again," I choke out. "I'm helping you save her right now. Thanks to me, you wouldn't even have a clue that she was gone."

"She wouldn't of been gone in the first place if it wasn't for you!" Tom exclaims.

"That's wrong. She wouldn't be gone if Blake wouldn't of raped her. So clearly, this couldn't of been stopped," I say.