Chapter 12: The End

My eyes won't open. My mouth won't speak.

Darkness.

John runs at me. One bright spotlight showing his way. A gun in one hand, a whip in the other. The hand with the whip raises and just as he brings it down on me, Eli jumps in the way. It connects with his body in an audible crack.

I scream out in horror.

John beats him senseless.

Just as I thought it would all end, John raises the gun and shoots Eli through the heart.

I try to scream. I try to yell out and sob. But the darkness consumes me again.

As soon as it's gone, it's back again. I blink once. My mouth opens and I scream as loud as possible and once I hear it loud and clear, I didn't stop.

My eyes squeeze shut. People wearing white stream into the room. I gasp and look around.

A man gently lays me back on a matress.

"Where's Eli?" My voice comes out quiet and croaked.

"You need to calm down," He says. I look around and I'm in a hospital room.

"Where's Eli?" I ask again.

"We don't know who that is."

I stop looking at the doctor and look around the room.

"Go ask for an Eli," I plead. The doctor sighs.

"Tara, we don't know if he's out there." I start getting angry.

"I know he's out there," I say.

The doctor walks out of the room.

//////////////////////

Eli's POV

I stand up and walk over to Mrs. Collins. She's crying into her hands.

"Mrs. Collins?" I ask.

"My baby's pregnant and my other baby is in surgery," She sobs.

"I know," I whisper.

"Is there an Eli here?" I look up and a doctor is standing in the doorway.

"Yeah," I say, clearing my throat.

"Tara would like to see you."