Chapter 7: Revealed

Tara's POV

Today would hopefully be the last day that I would have to see Blake. After the incident in Mr. Lincoln's class, apparently Blake got taken by the police and I was called in for questioning. Eli wouldn't be quiet until I agreed to let him come with me.

When Eli, my mom, and I enter the room, I see Blake on one side of a table, seated next to an older man. Two officers are next to them and there are three empty chairs on the other side of the table.

"Let's get right to business," an officer says when everyone is seated. "Blake will definitely be kept for rape this time. This is his second case and there's plenty of proof here." 

"My son couldn't have raped the girl; he was with his girlfriend," Blake's dad says. Eli grasps my hand. I felt sick to my stomach with the thought of Blake's dad getting him out of this situation once again. 

"I would like to point out that Blake's girlfriend was the one that invited Tara to her house and set her up," my mom says. I wasn't intending to tell my mom what happened, at first, but when it grew into a much bigger situation, I knew I had to. 

"Well, she shouldn't have gone," Mr. O'hair says. 

"Are you implying that she was just asking to be raped?" Eli exclaims, his grip on my hand getting tighter. 

"She was being friendly, but Kimberlynn obviously was not," my mom explains. The officer clears his throat.

"Tara, is there anything you'd like to add," he asks. 

"Uh, sure. I never signed up to be raped, and I never asked for it. I didn't even know Blake was going to be there," I choke out. The officer nods at me and turns to Blake's dad. 

"Mr. O'hair, we have evidence of the events Friday night," He says. "There's a video shared online that your son filmed of this happening."

Mr. O'hair sends a glare in Blake's direction.

"You ruin everything," he whispers under his breath. 

"The evidence and claims are enough for Blake to be arrested, but there's going to have to be a trial for confirmation," the officer says. 

"What about Kimberlynn?" Eli asks. 

"Leave her out of this," Blake growls.

"We know she planned this," Eli exclaims. Blake sends him a cold look.  

"She had no part in this," he says. 

"If we bring her in for questioning and she admits otherwise, the consequences may be worse," the officer explains. "I suggest you just tell us the real story yourself."

Blake looks at everyone. His gaze lingers on me and I shrink into Eli's side. He looks like he could burst at any minute; his face is red, his knuckles are clenched. 

"She planned it. We discussed it Thursday," Blake spits out. 

"We're done here. We'll talk to Ms. Barger,"  the officer says.

/////////////////////////////////////

"Why do I have to be in the center of this?" I cry to Eli. He buries his head in the pillow next to mine.

"Stop crying," He pleads with a wavering voice. I lift my head and see that his jaw is clenched. 

"Eli," I whisper, gently placing my hand on his arm. "He's going to jail." 

Eli shakes his head and sits up. 

"I need to tell you a story." I sit up next to him and nod for him to continue.

"In 8th grade, me and Blake were best friends. We'd do everything together. But one day when we met up he... had drugs." My stomach churns at the thought of Eli doing drugs. I've always been against those things. 

"He wanted me to try them and do them with him." 

"You were 14," I say. Eli nods. 

"His dad's a dealer," he explains.  

"Does Blake do drugs now?" I ask. Eli looks down and I know the answer. A drug addict is out to get me.

"He's been doing it since 8th grade," he says.  

"Continue."

"His dad thought that because his son kept buying them that he'd want to join the business. At first he didn't want to, but now..." Eli shakes his head.

"How am I in this mess?" I ask. "Why me?" Eli looks away so I raise my voice. 

"Tell me." 

"It's not good," he whispers. I fall back into my wall of pillows and sigh loudly. 

"Why is it not good?" I ask.

"Blake told the company about you," Eli says.

"How do you know?" I whisper. He looks away again. "What did he say?" 

"It's nothing." Eli rolls to the other side of the bed. I glare at the back of his head. The nausea wound up in me almost makes me throw up and I feel my heartbeat pulsing violently. I stand up after taking a deep breath and walk towards my door. 

"Tara," Eli says as I reach for the doorknob. "Stay inside. I'm just protecting you."

"I'm just going to Abigail's," I explain. He groans and lays on his back. 

"Let me walk you there," he pleads, already sitting up and reaching for his shoes.

"No, I want to go alone. It's not even a far walk. Besides, Blake is with the police," I say. "I'll be fine." 

"I don't want you to go by yourself," Eli whispers. I walk back over to the bed and sit next to him.

"I'll text you when I get there," I say, grabbing his hand.  

 "Stay safe," he whispers. He pulls my arm down next to him and presses a soft kiss to my lips. My stomach erupts with all types of feelings and I blush furiously when he pulls away.

"I promise."

////////////////////////////////////////////

I walk down the sidewalk, watching the passing traffic. It was a cloudy day but the temperature was pretty nice. I told Eli to stay at my house if he wanted to because I'd be home before dinner. 

My walk gave me the opportunity to think about this new information. Now there's even more illegal actions brought into the situation. This is growing to something even bigger than Blake's case. This is something I need to be careful about now. 

Eli said that Blake was a part of a drug company and now all of those people know my name. I pass the street that Abigail lives on and continue walking by myself. This was all too crazy for me to digest right away. 

I sent Eli a quick text telling him that I was safely at Abigail's, even though I was approaching city park by now. 

The wind grows chilly, all of a sudden, and scarier thoughts grow in my head. What if they really get me? I don't know why they would want me, but they have the capability of finding me now. 

My fears grow bigger within me. The countless possibilities of what could happen to me almost make me hyperventilate, but I keep my cool and take a deep breath. I really shouldn't of gone on this walk.