𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

( chapter four )❛ back from "camping" ❜

( chapter four )
❛ back from "camping" ❜

THE SHORT BRUNETTE nervously bit her lip as she watched scott throw derek over his shoulder, and stiles just standing there with him.

the pack had finally arrived from mexico and it was pouring rain. ellie stood next to lydia outside the vet clinic.

"get in!" ellie shouted opening the door for them all. they quickly ran inside, helping deaton clear the table.

scott quickly laid derek down on the metal table with the help of lydia and deaton. there was a moment of silence until deaton broke it.

"wow."

"wow? wow as in, "i've seen this before and i know exactly what to do," kind of wow?" stiles asked. "cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

"i think you might be overestimating my abilities." deaton answered honestly.

ellie looked down at derek. she shook his arm, trying to see if he was awake or not.

"he's cold." lydia stated as she grabbed his hands. "really cold." she added on.

"do you think this is permanent?" scott asked deaton with worry in his voice.

"wouldn't be so bad." ellie shrugged, "he's still hot."
all four heads looked at her. she looked up feeling their eyes on her and simply shrugged.

"i'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate. this is well beyond my experience." deaton shined his penlight on derek's eyes.

this was one of the first times deaton had no clue what to do or what was happening.

"so what do we do with him?" stiles asked.

"until he wakes up? probably not much." the miracle worker replied. "it might be best to leave him with me. he'll be safe here."

"from kate right?" ellie asked him.

deaton nodded, "if she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate."

"why would she want to do this to him?" lydia asked no one in particular.

"it's kate, it won't benefit anyone other than herself." ellie sneered, the venom coming from her voice just saying the name.