Chapter 20 ~ The dog

It was raining which was partially the reason the stench was worse.

"You cut your hair off, and got a tattoo?" Bella said upset at Jake.

"Bella...."

"I thought you were too sick to come outside. Or pick up the phone when I call."

"Go away...." Jake said as he tried to convince her to leave.

"What?" Bella said in shock.

"Go away"

"What happened to you, What's wr- hey!?" Bella was trying to pull him back.

"Did Sam get to you? Is that what happened?"

"Sam is trying to help me," Jake said to Bella ready to run off.

"Don't blame him, if you want to blame someone how about those filthy blood suckers you love." Jake told her.

The look on Bella's face said it all.

"You don't talk about us like that mutt. You don't insult them. You don't insult us either. You're the one smelling like a wet dog." Oriana was ready to go off at him. She was behind a bush away from what was happening.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Bella said trying to convince him.

"Oh, you know exactly what I'm talking about," Jake looked upset with her.

"You've been lying to everyone, Charlie.....but you can't lie to me."

"This dog really thought he had something huh." Oriana said crossing her arms with her head to the side.

"Not anymore Bella."

"This doesn't even matter alright, this is over."

"You can't break up with me," Bella said desperate.

"I mean...I mean you're my best friend and you promised me...."

"I know....."

"Reeeeally convincing." Oriana said tapping her foot.

"I promised I wouldn't hurt you....and this is me keeping that promise," Jacob said looking sad.

"I can tell you that you hurt my nose," Oriana said.

"Go home...and don't come back. Or you're gonna get hurt."

Jacob ran off.

Bella stood there in disbelief. She just watched him leave. She stood there blank.