Chapter 5: Befriending the Villainess

Jaune, currently trying to slowly push aura into his sword. He tried to concentrate on focusing his aura into his hands and then transferring it into the blade. However, he couldn't do it, every time he tried to put his aura into his hands, they seemed not to be able to go into the blade.

Jaune groaned as he failed, "it doesn't seem to work" Jaune said with a sigh

"Easy now, Jaune, it takes some time," Yatsuhashi said "control of one's aura, or its techniques, take time," Yatsuhashi said,

"I know, Yatsu," Jaune said, "But how long did it take you to do this?"

Yatsuhashi smiled, "truthfully, putting my Aura into my blade to strengthen it took some time, I didn't even accomplish it until the summer break," Yatsuhashi told Jaune

Jaune sighed, "So it might take me the same amount of time?" Jaune asked

"Possibly, but with the insane amount of Aura you possess, you might be able to do it faster," Yatsuhashi told him

Jaune looked to Crocea Mors and then back to Yatsuhashi, "how did you do it Yatsu? Give me a little insight on how I might be able to figure it out a bit"

Yatsuhashi looked at Jaune and saw the determined look on his friend's face and he knew just how much Jaune wanted to get stronger and wanted to not be so behind everyone else. He may be the only 1st year, and while he beat a few 2nd years, there was still those a lot stronger than him, and with the visiting students from the other three kingdoms, Jaune was majorly out-classed in many ways, and Yatsuhashi was determined to help Jaune get stronger, as were his other friends.

"Well, for me, I know how stupid this may sound, but I thought of happy memories," Yatsu told Jaune

Jaune looked at him, "really?" Jaune asked

Yatsuhashi nodded with a smile, "Sure it sounds cliche, but it's true" Yatsuhashi said "The memories of the time I spent in my first year, with my friends, and with being at Beacon, All those good things that happened to me and that changed me, made me stronger, get it?"

Jaune thought about it and he could understand what Yatsuhashi meant. The memories he's had with his family and even his friends here at Beacon had given him the push and that he needed to get stronger so he didn't have to be a damsel in distress, so he could stand next to his friends. Jaune smiled at Yatsuhashi and nodded, "Yeah I get it Yatsu" Jaune said

Yatsuhashi smiled and nodded back to Jaune, "Good," the giant told him

Before they could do anything else, the bell rang, signaling that classes would be starting up again.

"We best be on our way to our next classes," Yatsuhashi told him "We'll continue after classes Jaune"

Jaune nodded in agreement and Jaune left to his next class, which he was somewhat thankful for. The next class was Grimm Studies, and if Jaune was lucky, He could just sleep while Professor Port ranted about his glory days.

However, when Jaune reached the class, there was a paper on the door telling him and other students to meet near the cliffs with their weapons and gear. Jaune did so and headed to the locker rooms and changed with a few other students who were there. After he got ready, he grabbed Crocea Mors and went outside of the building, and headed down to the cliffs with a few other students.

Jaune, along with some other students, were now at the cliffs, but again, instead of being cooped up in the class, where he hoped he could rest for a good hour, Professor Port had them wait on the very same cliff that Ozpin had them launched off of. Which didn't bode well for Jaune, afraid that port might launch them off the cliffs again, though, thankfully, this time, Jaune had a landing strategy... kinda.