EIGHTEEN. house of farewells

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

"You've got to start working together," Amber informed the group of six. River glanced over at KT and Eddie, still hesitant on the idea. "It's time to reform Sibuna."

Sibuna, Anubis backward. River wasn't 100% happy about the reformation of the club, especially after the events of the past two years. However, once a Sibuna always a Sibuna. She was loyal to the club, no matter how many life-threatening situations she found herself in. So, hey, if Sibuna was reforming again, someone had to provide the sarcastic and brutally honest commentary.

KT, who had never heard of the name of the club, threw a confused look over at Eddie.

"I'll tell you later," Eddie said.

"It's a good thing, KT," Fabian assured her.

"Yeah, if you like being in cults," River quipped, earning a slight nudge from Fabian and chuckles from Alfie and Patricia. Meanwhile, KT grew a bit wide-eyed.

"She's kidding," Fabian said while River shrugged. "Are you up for it?"

KT nodded with a smile. "Yeah!"

"And you need a new leader," Amber pointed out. River had to admit it would be weird not being lead by Nina, but if she had to chose a new one, she'd go with Fabian. "As the longest-standing member, I vote Fabian."

River happily nudged Fabian. However, the need quickly shook his head. "No, no, no, no. No, I can't be the leader," Fabian said before looking over at Eddie. "I'm not the Osirin."

River glanced over at Eddie who fell in disbelief. Honestly, Eddie would be her last choice of leader even though he was the Osirian. Maybe it was just because she preferred Nina or maybe it was because she had never seen Eddie take anything seriously.

"Wait, you want me to lead Sibuna?" Eddie inquired in shock.

"I'm a better wingman."

"And who better to explain to your dad that what he's doing is wrong," KT pointed out.

River remained silent. She truly didn't know how she felt about Eddie being the leader, so it was best to not say anything.

"Yeah," Eddie agreed with a shrug. "Bring it on."

Fabian and Alfie were happy enough to congratulate Eddie with the title by giving him bro-hugs.

"My work here is done," Amber spoke up. River's face fell in realization. A part of her forgot that Amber was leaving in a few minutes. "Now it's time to sprinkle some magic at Fashion School."