TWENTY-SEVEN. house of anticipation

THIRD PERSON'S POV

THIRD PERSON'S POV.

Trudy was not letting the Sibuna gang go and for the first time ever, River wished the woman would go away.

"You're not going anywhere until you tell me what is under here," Trudy made herself clear.

"I don't want you to see," Eddie told her.

"Oh, why ever not?" Trudy asked, attempting to lift the drape again. Eddie beat her to it, keeping his hand on it.

"It'll spoil the trick!" Fabian quickly said. River sent him a perplexed frown, wondering where he was going with this.

"Trick?"

"For Alfie's... magic act," Fabian managed to continue while his friends slowly nodded their heads in agreement. River was proud of Fabian. For once, his lie was actually believable. "For the Open Day."

"Yeah, he's been practicing it all week," River piped in with a smile. "It's mind-blowing, really."

"Hmm. Okay," Trudy responded, letting her hands off the covered tank which bought much relief to the Sibuna gang. "Well, far be it from me to ruin the magic."

"Thank you, Trudy," KT spoke while everyone sent their housemother smiles. The gang went back to lifting the tank, but couldn't even take a few more steps because Trudy noticed it was quite heavy.

"Oh, that looks heavy. I'll give you a hand," Trudy offered. She made her way to stand between River and Alfie as she held onto the covered tank with a smile. River forced one back, growing worried inside with the newest problem she and her friends had — how to get rid of Trudy. "Come on." The Sibuna gang reluctantly obliged but made sure to take small steps as they moved toward the school. River glanced to her friends who only wore worried looks. No one had a plan to get rid of Trudy and they were getting closer to the school. "You'll want this in the common room. Up on the stage for everyone to see."

"Yay," River let out a strained answer.

"Sure," KT weakly agreed.

"Yeah, sounds great, Trudy," Eddie added with a frown.

"Oh! Hold on," Trudy said as she stopped, causing the teens to halt their tracks. "We'll need someone to meet us there. I'll give Victor a call. He'll lend us a hand."

River's brown eyes turned to saucers, watching Trudy take out her phone. She glanced back to her friends who all looked on the verge of anxiousness. Fabian began mouthing a few words to his friends and River could only make out the words, 'drop it'. So, with that in mind, she, KT, Eddie, and Alfie dropped the wheelbarrow, prompting Fabian to let out a fake groan as he held his hand. River smirked at his plan because it gained Trudy's full attention. She of all people could not resist helping an Anubis resident in need.