(Chapter #1)- Beach Time

{{{Chapter Song: Oh Memories by Panic! At The Disco}}}

•+•

Oh memories,

Where did you go?

You were all I'd ever known.

How I miss yesterday,

And how I let it fade away.

•+•

============================

I lean against the wooden ledge, blocking me from falling off the balcony I was standing on. The wood pressing into my elbows, my head resting in my palms. Music blasts from my earbuds, and I nod my head to the beat. My eyes gaze at the ocean, the water rippling over the sand.

I straighten my back up, and start to walk back home. My black bathing suit cover pulls on my body with the wind, it also whips my hair into my face, tickling my nose. My black bikini sticks out through the cover. I feel comfortable. The song changes, one of my favorites. I hug my arms and purse my lips, hearing the beautiful bass line then amazing guitar solo. The drums start and I nod my head. My long brown hair falls behind, touching my back. I look around, my hazel eyes searching the squealing kids and happy parents. I wish I had that. I never got to meet my parents. I live by myself. They said they found me in a fire, alive but barely. The white scars on my stomach prove that I've survived. I hate them, they make me look weird.

The orphanage said I was too old to stay at their 'home'. It felt nice to move somewhere, and you didn't even need to pay for it. I've been in Australia for three days and already love it. It's peaceful and pretty.

The waves slosh onto the ground; the bright sunset lighting up parts of the blue water. I smile to myself. This isn't that bad.

Then, I feel someone's shoulder push into mine. One of my earbuds fall out of my ear, and I look around for the source of the contact.

My eyes instantly soften as I see a blonde haired boy, the wet locks tousled to the side. His strong hands grips onto my arm, his fingertips digging into my skin. His eyes are a brilliant blue, that shine as they both stare back at me. The clothing he wears is a wet suit, and in his other arm he holds a surfboard.

Must've been surfing.

His fingers spring open; his big hand falls to his side. I see his teeth graze his bottom lip, biting on the lip ring, absentminded.

"Watch where you're going, loser." His blue eyes narrow, and my own widen. What?

He starts to walk away, but I stop him. "Excuse me?" I talk back, and he turns around to face me. He walks towards me, his voice gets quieter with every word.

"I said, watch where you're going." His face is inches from mine. I have to keep a steady ground. I try not to think of that perfect lip ring on his thin, pink lips. "Loser." He sneers the last word. I stand in awe as he walks away.

"You barely know me." I whisper, but he catches my comment.

"I know enough that you're a clumsy slut, so shut the fuck up." He snaps, and finally walks away.

How could someone so beautiful be so cruel-hearted?

*****

I drop my keys on my counter in the kitchen, grabbing an apple. I bite into the red skin, feeling the juice leak out of the small fruit.

I walk into the living room, flopping on the couch and flipping through channels on the T.V.

Nothing was on that interested me. I decided to get ready for bed, but I hear loud voices outside my door. They seem distant, but I can hear them.