(Chapter #8)- Birthdays

{{{Chapter Song: Where Did The Party Go by Fall Out Boy}}}

•+•

And all the boys are smoking menthols,

Girls are getting back rubs,

I will drift to you if you make yourself shake fast enough.

My old aches become new again.

My old friends become exes again.

Whoa, where did the party go?

We're ending it on the phone.

I'm not gonna go home alone.

Whoa, where did the party go?

•+•

============================

I went straight to the bathroom and looked at my messy figure in the mirror.

Then I had some ideas and went to work.

I first raided my closet, for the first time. I realized that they gave me some really cute clothing. One caught my eyes. It was a very very short dress, no straps, and it was a laced bottom half after my waist. The top half, my chest and stomach, was a floral dress with bright colors. I quickly pulled it on and slid the dress over my body. I smoothed out the fabric before running to the bathroom and looking at it. It barely passed the half point of my thighs, but it was fun, and spunky. I liked it.

Since I was already in the bathroom, I decided to put on some earrings. They were long and jeweled, almost hooped. It was pretty. Then I put on a simple 'diamond' necklace. The chains were connected just by a small circular jewel in the middle.

I learned this cute hair style when I was in the orphanage with the other kids. The other girls would do each others hair. I wasn't into that kind of stuff, but I watched and sometimes joined anyway.

The hair style was a cute little bow with only your hair. It was in the back of your head. I took out the curling iron and curled the long ends of my hair. I'm pretty sure my hair is longer than the dress.

After about 30 minutes of curling my long brown hair, I walk out of the bathroom and try to find some shoes to wear with the outfit. I don't like heels, and I don't plan on wearing them. I find some black combat boots in the back of my closet, and pick out those. They almost touch the bottom of my knees. I like them. They add sort of an edge to the whole outfit.

Last but not least, I do my make up. I put a heavy line of eye liner, but it's thin at the same time. I add some fake lashes to make them look thicker, and white eye shadow to match. I add some sparkly eye shadow also.

Then I step back and look at my reflection. I looked pretty good. This is the first party outfit that I've actually tried to look good, and succeeded.

I picked up my small white purse that draped over my shoulder and the strap came across my chest. When I walked, it hit the side of my thigh.

I placed my phone and wallet inside, then picked up my keys. I was ready.

I walked towards the front door, and opened it. I breathed in the scent of the ocean. I loved the water. Maybe I could just go swimming, instead of partying. But something was holding me back, telling me I should go. I shrugged and stepped out, locking the door behind me.

I think Ashton said that the party started at 6:00 but I don't know.

I pulled out my phone and turned it on, checking the time.