(Chapter #4)- Surfboards

{{{Chapter Song: If These Sheets Were The States by All Time Low}}}

•+•

If these sheets were the states and you were miles away,

I'd fold them end over end to bring you closer to me.

Because I don't sleep at all without you pressed up against me.

I settle for long distant calls, I'm lost in empty pillow talk again.

•+•

============================

The rest of the week was the same thing, over and over again. Wake up, go to school, go to work with the most sluttiest boy I've ever met, then come back home late. It was a tiring cycle. I was glad it was Friday, so Saturday I could do whatever the hell I wanted to do.

I walked out of the school, and headed strait to the small coffee shop. It was a nice walk. It was quiet and peaceful. I've found that this area of Australia is not very loud. The only really loud things are the cars on the gray streets.

As I walk I pull my backpack to the front of my body, one of the straps still on my shoulder. I shove all my homework and books inside, and continue walking.

I cross my arms over my chest.

When I turn the corner towards the building I was going to, an arm wraps around my shoulders. I flinch and unfold my hands, shrugging off the arm, turning to see who was beside me.

"Hey there." Luke smirks, biting his lip. "How's it going?" I groan and cross my hands again, walking quicker. Luke's hand appears on my shoulder again, but I ignore it. "You can't ignore me forever. We work at the same place."

I stop walking. "Well, I can ignore you until you decide to not be an asshole." My brown eyes narrowed; my hands shut tightly at my sides. He shuts up. "So, come to me when you've settled on that." I start to walk again, bumping past him.

This was going to be a long work period.

*****

As I was walking to my house, not bothering to waste money on a bus, I get a text from Ashton.

Ashton: Want to come to the beach with the boys tonight?

I hesitate.

Do I?

My fingers hover over the keyboard, about to reject the offer. But I don't.

Cierra: Yeah totally! I'm walking home from work, so let me get home first :P xx

He quickly replies:

Ashton: Oh, I could have came to pick you up x

Cierra: No it's fine. I need the exercise :))

Ashton: I don't think that, but okay :D

I smile, and turn off my phone. I break into a run, and I see my apartment a few yards away. I start to sprint and run up the stairs, slamming my door behind me. I quickly change into my bathing suit, and pull on the same cover up I had last time, before grabbing a black towel and my phone. Running to the door, I forget shoes. I don't care, I'm not going that far.

The setting sun shows on my face, but only half. The other half of my face is shaded. I walk in the sand slowly, running my toes through it's cool temparature. It must be nice to be out here at night. I've never been to a beach before, and I already know I am going to love it when I go every day. I could already see a difference in my skin tone, and my tan lines stick out more than they did two weeks ago. I liked the feeling of being in Australia. It calms me. But I don't like living alone. Or sleeping alone. I wish I had my parents with me. I wish I knew at least what happened to them. I wonder if those doctors were lying to me. If they knew, it was just too painful to tell me what actually happened.