1. Three memories

A/N:New Twilight story for you guys because I've been MIA for a while.

Summary: Bella and Edward are engaged in 1918 when the Spanish Influenza hits Chiacgo. When Edward 'dies' Bella is alone with her grief, making her cold and cruel to everyone around her.

87 years later when now vampire Bella arrives in Forks Washington, she meets the Cullens and a familiar bronze haired vampire who looks like her Edward but it couldn't be, could it? With a little help from the Cullens, will Bella get her forever with her Edward? Will Edward melt the ice around her heart?

A/N: I'll alternate between POVs.

BELLA

Proposal- 1918- age: 17

"Bella, hurry up, you can't keep Edward waiting!" Mother shouts from the stairs. I smile at the thought of seeing Edward again. He and I have been courting for a year and a half but secretly we've been courting since we were fifteen. We are both seventeen and are in love despite what my mother says. She doesn't think love gets you anywhere in life, that life is all about money and..other things. I fix the gold necklace that he gave me as a present for my birthday. Edward Senior, Elizabeth, Edward's parents, are throwing me a joint birthday party with Edward, which I'm beyond happy for.

Walking down stairs I see my parents waiting for me at the bottom of them, smiles on their faces which is rare, for my mother at least. They only have matching smiles on their faces when something big is going to happen. "What's going on?" I ask, taking my father's arm as he helps me down the last few steps. "Let's get going, my two favorite girls." He says, holding an arm out for both me and Mother to take.

Edward Senior, Elizabeth and my Edward greet us at the door. Edward Senior and Elizabeth greet me with hugs and kisses on the forehead. My Edward smiles, prompting me to return it. Things between the two of us have been strained over the last fortnight because he wants to join the war when we turn 18 and me and Elizabeth are against him going and getting himself killed. "Bella, may you accompany me in the library for a little while to talk?" I know what he wants to talk about. The adults nod when I look at them for permission. "You may go, Isabella." Mother says, giving me a look. I look at my Edward and nod. "Yes, I will accompany you to the library." I say polity. Edward walks over to me and offers me his strong arm to hold.

The library is full of books with bookshelves going from floor to ceiling. The fire is roaring. "Sit down, love, get warm." He demands softly, pecking my forehead. I roll my eyes but sit by the fire, instantly warming. Edward sits next to me, wrapping an arm around me. We know we'll be in Hell if anyone finds us in this compromising position but we've done it for so long that it's second nature to us. "You know I love you right?" He says. Sighing dreamily I lean my head on his shoulder. "You know I do, Edward, now, tomorrow, next week and.."
"Forever." We both say in unison.

We laugh as Edward stands up. "Bella, we need to talk." He says. I shake my head firmly, I'm not having this conversation with him, I will not accept this. "Edward, I don't want to have this conversation at our party, we will talk about it tomorrow." I say sternly, standing up and embracing him. Edward exhales into my hair. "That.. particular topic wasn't what I wanted to talk about, at least not yet." I raise my head and stare into his green eyes. "Oh? Then what do you want to talk to me about?" I ask, noticing his face breaking out into his signature 'I have a plan' look. I frown. "My parents had the same look on their faces, what are you planning that I don't know of?" I ask, really wanting to be a part of the secret that they all know of. Edward chuckles before twirling me in a circle. When I stop spinning, I see a sight that I don't want to unsee: Edward on one knee, a velvet box open in his hands.