2. Angry

Summary: Bella and Edward are engaged in 1918 when the Spanish Influenza hits Chiacgo. When Edward 'dies' Bella is alone with her grief, making her cold and cruel to everyone around her.

87 years later when now vampire Bella arrives in Forks Washington, she meets the Cullens and a familiar bronze haired vampire who looks like her Edward but it couldn't be, could it? With a little help from the Cullens, will Bella get her forever with her Edward? Will Edward melt the ice around her heart?

EDWARD

I've been angry ever since I woke up to this life without my Bella.

Humans think they find their 'true love' every day, but they don't, they have a new 'love' every five minutes. It drives me crazy. But when vampires find love, it's forever. I thought me and her had forever but then I got that blasted disease in 1918 and left her all alone after promising never to leave her just days before but I did just that: I left her thinking I was dead when I was turning into a vampire. I can't think about Bella without becoming even more depressed than I already am.
I was angry that I was a monster. I was angry that I left my Bella alone without anyone left to take care of her. I was angry because Dr. Cullen, Carlisle, he told me to call me by his first name, told me I couldn't talk or see my Bella ever again that made me snap. I locked myself in the room he'd made for me and didn't talk to him about anything except for hunting arrangements.

When Carlisle changed Esme into a vampire, Esme noticed the tension between us and made us talk things out. Well I 'talked' and Carlisle listened. I told him that it hurt to leave my Bella alone thinking I was dead but he simply said that humans who know about us are instantly killed by the royalty of our world, the Volturi.

So I've spent the last 87 years angry and without my Bella. As the family grew and relationships strengthened, I withdrew from the family and  went on extended hunting trips at night while the mated vampires were doing that.

"EDWARD!" My pixie sister Alice shouts, entering my room. I roll my eyes. "What, Alice?" I snap. It's September 11th, 2 days before my Bella's birthday. I sigh as Alice sits next to me on my couch. "I had a strange vision and I can't make sense of it, can you help?" She asks me. I want to say no and to ask Carlisle to help but I need something to take my mind off her upcoming birthday. I roll my eyes. "Fine but not for long, I need to go somewhere." Alice nods before showing me a vision of a girl strutting up to our house with dark golden eyes. Her face except her eyes are fuzzy. "What does that mean, Edward?" Alice moans, burying her face in her hands. I shrug. "Maybe the girl doesn't want her face revealed yet, except her eyes so we know she's not a human drinker?" I explain. It's the best explanation I can come up with at this moment in time. Alice lifts her head. "Could be." She agrees as I get off my couch.

I leave my room and bump into Esme and Carlisle at the front door. I glare at Carlisle, even after all this time, I still haven't forgiven him for telling me that I could never see Bella again.

"Are you going to Chicago, son?" He asks me. I give him a growl. He ducks his head. I don't think we've had one civil conversation in the 87 years we've known each other. I look at Esme. "I'll be home on the 15th." I say quietly. Esme nods before hugging me tightly. "Just be safe and call if you need us." She says sternly in her 'mama bear' voice.  I sigh at her. "I know what to do, Esme." I snap before running my fingers through my hair. "I'm sorry for snapping at you, Esme but I need to go now." Only Carlisle and Esme know why I disappear on a certain date in September every year. Esme nods. "I know, now get going before you're there late." She says. I give her a brief hug. "Say hello to my daughter-in-law." I chuckle. "We weren't married, Esme" I say, picturing what my Bella would be like in her wedding dress. "Close enough for me to call her my daughter, Edward." She retorts playfully. I give Esme a smile before glaring hostility at Carlisle. Each September my hatred for the Cullen patriarch reaches its boiling point, causing me to sometimes lash out at him without warning.

"I have to go." I snap as Carlisle opens his mouth to say something. I don't think I'll ever forgive him for destroying my Bella's life.