12. Sharing all of Bella's story with Carlisle

Summary: Bella and Edward are engaged in 1918 when the Spanish Influenza hits Chiacgo. When Edward 'dies' Bella is alone with her grief, making her cold and cruel to everyone around her.

87 years later when now vampire Bella arrives in Forks Washington, she meets the Cullens and a familiar bronze haired vampire who looks like her Edward but it couldn't be, could it? With a little help from the Cullens, will Bella get her forever with her Edward? Will Edward melt the ice around her heart?

EDWARD

Bella is going hunting with Esme, Rosalie and Alice.
"I love you, I'll be back soon." She says, pressing me against the front door. Someone clears their throat. We pull away and see all the family watching us. "Are you two done yet?" Emmett asks, with a laugh. Bella hisses. "Laugh at us again and you'll find yourself looking for one of your limbs." She says coldly, reverting back to her coldness. Emmett nods shakily. Bella beams and walks back to me, wrapping her arms around my neck, her hands fisting in my hair, yanking my head back, causing me to grunt. "I love you." She says, smiling at me. "I gotta go hunt. I'll see you later, I love you." She says.

"Now, tomorrow, next week and forever." I reply, kissing her pink lips. Alice pulls a pouting Bella away from me and they, along with Esme and Rosalie, start a game of 'catch me if you can.' The guys and I listen until their laughter gets out of our hearing range and we go back inside the house.

Emmett and Jasper are playing the Xbox and I'm mounting the steps to Carlisle's study: He needs to know all of my Bella's story to understand why she went to cold, cruel Bella at him in the meadow when we first reunited.

I knock on his door firmly. "Come in, Edward." He says. I enter his study and see him behind his massive oak desk that he's had for centuries. "Please, sit down." He says, motioning to the two chairs in front of his desk. I never knew how cosy his study actually is.
The unneeded fireplace roars with a bright orange flame, the wood that Carlisle placed on there cracks and snaps and the flames lick up and down the pieces of wood. The red drapes are tied back with a length of red rope, leaving the top of them open, letting natural light shine through the big windows. The leather couch, that has been on every move we've ever made since 1923, sits near the two floor to ceiling bookshelves and two mahogany wingback chairs with a matching mahogany table. The massive painting of the Volturi with Carlisle in it hangs on the wall beside his desk. Aro, one of the ruthless leaders of the vampire world, sent it to Carlisle when Jasper and Alice showed up two years after they appeared on our doorstep. The arrival of the painting caused a hell of an argument between Carlisle and Esme, who wouldn't even be in the same room as one another for a month. The desk that he has had for centuries, is oak, large with weird details carved into it.

"Can I talk to you?" I ask him after five minutes of silence between us. Carlisle puts the book he was reading aside, folding his hands and putting his chin on them, his gold eyes looking at me. "You know where I am if you want to talk, Edward." I nod and begin talking.

"I never thanked you for saving my life, even though you told me that I could never see Bella again. I was angry at you because I promised her that she wouldn't be alone but two days after I made her that promise, I 'died' in a sense. We were each other's first and last loves, rocks for when our parents got sick and died from the disease, we were each other's confidant. I'm going to tell you all of Bella's story because she left some stuff out but this conversation is not to leave this study of to be spoken of with anyone ever." I say with a cold edge to my voice. Carlisle nods in understanding. I set my shoulders.

"I know Bella told you all about the older, wealthy men Renèe introduced to Bella to but you don't know how all those men had affected Bella." I sigh. Bella is going to kill me but Carlisle needs to hear this.