7. A reunion to remember

Summary: Bella and Edward are engaged in 1918 when the Spanish Influenza hits Chiacgo. When Edward 'dies' Bella is alone with her grief, making her cold and cruel to everyone around her.

87 years later when now vampire Bella arrives in Forks Washington, she meets the Cullens and a familiar bronze haired vampire who looks like her Edward but it couldn't be, could it? With a little help from the Cullens, will Bella get her forever with her Edward? Will Edward melt the ice around her heart?

BELLA

"Come on!" Alice says cheerfully, standing up. I blink. Why is she so damn perky?! "Where are we going?!" I ask. Alice rolls her golden eyes. "To my house, there's someone you need to see!" She squeals happily. I immediately get excited. Maybe she's taking me to Dr. Cullen so I  can kick his ass after all this time?! Alice giggles and looks at me. "I think the whole family wants to kiss his ass, so you'll have to get in line." She says somberly. "Why does the whole family want to kick his ass?" Alice goes silent. "You'll see in a few minutes, now let's go." She says, back to her perky self. We begin walking away from the grove of trees that we've been occupying for the last two hours. "So, Izzy, what brings you to the little town of Forks?" Alice asks me, emphasising on the name 'Izzy' because I refuse to give her the answer to her question: Wait, are you Isabella Swan? when she already knew I was. She also saw my encounter with Esme in the clearing, which I'm feeling a bit rotten about but Alice has assured me that Esme holds no ill will toward me.
Page break

The house staring in front of me is massive. Whoever designed this house needs a big award of some kind.
"So I take it you like the house?" Alice comments. I look at her face which has amusement covering it. I nod. "Of course I do, I've been staring at it for the past five minutes." I snap. The pixie, seeming used to my mood swings, catching my wrist and drags me inside the house. 

The inside of the house is even more glamorous than the outside of the house. Several hisses come from somewhere in the house. Alice scoffs as we walk deeper into the house. "Oh calm down guys." Alice says at her normal tone of voice, knowing her coven can hear her from wherever they are within hearing range.

We step into the living room and I stop in my tracks at the inhabitants, particularly two very familiar faces: Dr. Cullen and a lean, bronze haired man who looks exactly like Edward. His eyes go wide.
"Bella?"

I shake my head in denial, he's not here, it's just my imagination playing tricks on me. "You're not real, you're not here, you're dead." I whisper to myself, my hands immediately grabbing my engagement ring. I close my eyes. "Bella, Love, I am real, I'm right here and I'm alive." I give him a growl, my eyes going darker and darker, my vampire urges are kicking in, telling me to attack him. Oh no, not again,  not now. My mind doesn't listen to reason: instead I crouch down, lips pulled back, my fingers like claws, digging into the hardwood flooring and my eyes zeroing in on my victim: my once fiancée.
"Everyone get back, she's not in control of herself!" Someone shouts.
"Bella, control yourself, love, fight through your urges." He tries reason but I let out a roar before attacking him, I claw, scratch and bite at him, ignoring the shouts, yells and howls coming from him and his coven.

I manage to bite his upper arm, severing it from his shoulder, ignoring his extremely loud howl of pain, I go for the other arm but a very loud and angry voice stops me.

"LITTLE BIT, I ORDER YOU TO STOP!"

Slowly but surely I come back to Bella and not Vampire Bella. Gasping when I see him lying on his back, with Dr. Cullen and the rest of the coven surrounding him, I scurry to Peter and Charlotte, hugging Peter as hard as I can, dry sobbing into him. "What did I do? What did I do?!" I sob.

"Little Bit, it wasn't you who attacked Edward, it was evil, bad bitch Bella, not normal ice cold, cruel, evil bitch Bella." Peter tried to console me to no avail. Since meeting him and Char 50 years ago, I've only had two moments where my instincts take over. "Major, can you calm the Little Bit down?" Char calls. I lift my head, looking into Peter's red eyes. "Major is here?! Where is he?" They told me all about their Major, the vampire in the South who got them out of the vampire wars, Peter was his Captain and Char was their Lieutenant. "What the fuck are you guys doing here?" A southern accent reaches my ears. That must be the Major. I turn my head and see a mop of blonde hair and gold eyes, a smile on his face. I just attacked his brother, he was going to kill me! Oh shit! Char giggles. "Pete's gift just knew our girl was in her bitchy vampire mode but by the time we got here it was too late to prevent the attack." Major nods. "Well whatever the case, I'm glad my brother and sister are here." He smiles at me. "And that includes you too, Darlin'." My eyes grow wide. I nod curtly. "Is he okay?" I ask him coldly. Major recoils at my coldness. I smirk in amusement, he's gone soft."Yeah he's gonna be fine, he'll be pain free in a few hours." I nod before running out of the house and into the woods and into the meadow I found that is similar to the one in Chicago.

"Bella, stop!" Alice shouts, making me halt, the entire coven and Peter and Char are surrounding me. Why did they follow me? I growl at all of them. "Leave me alone." I hiss, my voice the same temperature as a freezer. All of them recoil except Peter, Char, Major and Edward. "That's not gonna happen Bella." Dr. Cullen says gently. I give him an evil smirk. "Ah, Dr. Cullen, or should I say, Dr. Coward? Do you remember that Edward supposedly died and you convinced me to go into your office with the knowledge that you were going to talk to me about Edward but you told the nurse that you apparently 'couldn't handle it' so you wrote a letter to me instead? Do you remember that?" Dr. Cullen nods. "I do remember that, Isabella," he says, his golden eyes on my pale face. "but I also remembering breaking a lot of rules for you and Edward back then." I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest, my engagement ring visible. "You call letting me sleep in the same room as my dying fiancée breaking a lot of rules?" I question with a bitter laugh. Dr. Cullen nods. "You remember how the disease had people hospitalised like flies, it destroyed lives every hour, by letting you stay the night with Edward, you could've infected the entire hospital, if the hospital board found out I would've lost my job before I could have saved Edward." I roll my eyes at him. "You called being turned into a vampire saving someone? You didn't save Edward, you turned him into a monster, because that's all any of us are: monsters of the night." Dr. Cullen sighs. "Well that may be your opinion but it's certainly not mine." He says in his leadership voice.I play with my ring. "Whatever, I need to go, Peter, Char, thank you for coming, everyone else. I'd say it was a pleasure meeting you but I don't like the pleasure of meeting anyone." I meet Edward's eyes. "Except for you, Edward." And just for a second, my ice cold mask slips. I walk past the Cullen Coven, someone grabs my wrist and spins me around: it's Edward. We stare at each other. I touch his cheekbones and kiss him on his lips. They're no longer warm or soft, they're cold. Venom tears well up in my eyes. "You're not him." I say brokenly before running away from the meadow.