3. Meeting Esme Cullen

Summary: Bella and Edward are engaged in 1918 when the Spanish Influenza hits Chiacgo. When Edward 'dies' Bella is alone with her grief, making her cold and cruel to everyone around her.

87 years later when now vampire Bella arrives in Forks Washington, she meets the Cullens and a familiar bronze haired vampire who looks like her Edward but it couldn't be, could it? With a little help from the Cullens, will Bella get her forever with her Edward? Will Edward melt the ice around her heart?

BELLA

Ugh, Forks, Washington is the rainiest place on Earth! Why do people live here? And how do they live here? I look out of the window of the house I've.. acquired and yet again clouds cover the already grey sky. I sigh, this town might be the perfect place for me. I vampire run to my room and change into a pair of black jeans, a purple flowy top, knee highs and a leather jacket as well as my engagement ring, which hasn't left my finger in 87 years, and go hunting.

The sounds of the forest all blend together as I zone in on a mountain lion drinking from a river. I pick up a rock and throw it in the water, startling the animal, causing it to run. I smirk before running after its scent: it stops under a grove of trees. Quietly and slowly, I pounce on the mountain lion and sink my teeth into its warm neck, I drink slowly, watching the life go out of its eyes. It's kind of morbid but who cares? I bury the carcass and run to the clearing I saw a few days ago when I arrived here.

I sit down at the rock nearest the water and watch the sun bounce off my ring. Even though it's been 87 years since his death, it never gets easier. "Why did you leave me when you promised me that you weren't going too?" I ask myself, tracing the diamond ring. A twig snaps, I put my cold and cruel mask on and stand up in a crouch when a vampire with caramel colored hair comes into my sight. "Who are you? What are you doing here?!" I snap in my signature cold voice. The woman flinches at my tone. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. I was hunting in the area and came across your scent." She says in a warm voice. "What's your name?" The woman asks in a honey voice. I roll my eyes. This woman has a trustful look about her. "Izzy." I find myself telling her. Of course I'm not going to tell my real name. I tell her my nickname. The woman comes closer to me so that we're face to face. Her gold eyes stare at me. Good, she's like me. "What's your name?" My voice is ice cold and doesn't show any friendliness in it. The woman takes a step back, hm, so she's not used to scary, unemotional vampires. She must have a coven then, the leader must be a pacifist, who thinks that the world is fair and made of disgusting human candy.
"Esme Cullen." The woman says timidly. I hum. Wait, Cullen? Where do I know that name from?
I walk right up to her and bare my teeth, smirking at her shocked face. "Well, Esme Cullen, I would say it was a pleasure meeting you, but I don't like the pleasure of meeting anyone so goodbye." I hiss before walking away from her.

I hope I never see Esme Cullen ever again.