5. Questions answered

Summary: Bella and Edward are engaged in 1918 when the Spanish Influenza hits Chiacgo. When Edward 'dies' Bella is alone with her grief, making her cold and cruel to everyone around her.

87 years later when now vampire Bella arrives in Forks Washington, she meets the Cullens and a familiar bronze haired vampire who looks like her Edward but it couldn't be, could it? With a little help from the Cullens, will Bella get her forever with her Edward? Will Edward melt the ice around her heart?

BELLA

I can't get that woman's last name out of my head.

Cullen.

Where have I heard that name before? Wait, Dr. Cullen! Could he have been a vampire in 1918? Well the facts add up: he was pale and cold to the touch now that I think about it, as a human I thought he was cold because the hospital was cold.
Could he have changed Edward? No, Edward was dead, he has been for the last 87 years, but Dr. Cullen promised to come talk to me but he didn't, telling the nurse he couldn't 'handle' seeing me. So he had plenty of opportunities to change Edward, tell the nurse that he couldn't handle seeing me and then get Edward out of the hospital without being spotted.

Was Esme Cullen his mate or at least part of a coven she had the last name?
I groan and look in the mirror: my eyes are almost black. Time to go hunting. I think before leaving the house and running into the woods to hunt.

I run after a deer when someone snags my meal. It's another vampire like me. Great, how many vampires can this rainy town frigging hold?

I stand up, my hands on my hips, my cold and cruel mask on my face as I watch a tiny pixie like vampire drink my meal.
"Oh hi, I'm Alice, I'm sorry about taking your meal, but I didn't come across your scent until after I fed." The pixie giggles, her hand covering her mouth. She's so damn perky! I roll my eyes at her perkiness.
"Is your last name Cullen? Do you know Esme Cullen? Do you know of a Dr. Cullen? Is he a vampire? Can I see him? Can you give him a message for me?" I shoot questions at the small vampire. 'Alice' smiles at me. "Why don't we go for a walk, get you fed and then we'll talk, okay?" She promises. I groan, if this perky pixie vampire can give me answers to my questions then, I'll do whatever she says. Alice leads me deeper into the woods, smirking as we come across the scent of an adult deer. "Go get 'im." She says. The adult deer makes a run for it but doesn't get far before I sink my teeth into the side of his neck, watching the life go out of its eyes. I unlatch from the dead deer and bury it, Alice watching me intently, her lips pressed into a thin line. I cock my head to the side like a dog. "What?" I snap. She looks at me. "Why do you watch the animal dying?" She asks. I shrug. "It's none of your business." I hiss, Alice raises her hands in surrender. "Easy, easy." She soothes. I sigh. "So I hunted, now you answer my questions." I say sharply, getting straight to the point. Alice nods. "Follow me." She leads me to a grove of trees and sits down under one big old oak tree.

"Okay in order to answer your questions, you need to hear my story." I bite my lip, I don't need to hear her story, I need to know if she knows Dr. Cullen!

"I don't remember any of my human life, all I know is that I woke up outside an asylum, I'm a physic, so I get vision's of the future based on what people around me decide, no future is set in stone, but I get repeats of them, for example a repeat vision of a Texan cowboy vampire in a diner in Philadelphia in 1948, led me to my mate, Jasper, who was a human drinker before I showed him how live off animals. We spent two years together until my visions led us to the Cullens in 1950. The coven leader is Carlisle Cullen, we're more of a family than a coven, although once every five years Carlisle becomes Coven leader instead of a father and husband." She says. I growl before getting up and pacing. So Carlisle was a vampire in 1918! "Who did he change, Alice, tell me!" I demand a growl rumbling from my throat. Alice sighs. "He first changed my brother in 1918, then changed our mother, his wife, in 1921, then in 1933, he changed our sister then in 1935, he changed our second brother, in 1950 me and Jasper turned up on their doorstep." She says, smiling wildly.
"Did Carlisle change anyone in 1918 by the name Edward Masen, bronze hair emerald green eyes?"

"Wait, are you Isabella Swan?"