Chapter 25: Darkness

Chapter 25: Dark Smoke

Dark smokes are everywhere that still can be seen on a very dim lit grand hall. It was only a minute past when few swords flew at Edward and Valen's direction. Edward tried his best to block each one of them, he made sure not a single sword will passed through and hit Valen, but unfortunately, one sword hit him on the side of his right thigh. Edward was gasping for air as he was panting so hard out of exhaustion. He thought that probably the dark smoke was making it hard for them to breathe.

"Edward, that was marvelous! I thought that there will be more swords that will hit you or Valen, but you were only grazed by one! Truly, you are a master swordsman! Definitely as good as your sword knights, if not better! Perhaps we can do it again! Let us see if you can be able to blocked more of them!" Mia said in a sarcastic way.

Edward thought of Valen, he would definitely never permit anyone hurting her, then he immediately remembered what Mia said earlier: "do not fret Edward, you will not witness her death as you will be the first". Thinking of her safety first, he moved a couple of feet away from her, if there will be swords flying again, there was a big probability that it will flew right at him and not to her.

Dark smokes again moved as a breeze can be felt...and just after a few moment, swords flew right to him, from every direction and their number seemed to be twice than before - and it seemed that the swords have a mind of their own as it passed and dodged Valen moving towards Edward.

Edward was more relaxed and composed as he dodged, ducked and blocked effortlessly as he was more at ease knowing that Valen was safe...though it was only for that moment. Edward must think of a way for the adversity to end.

Few more minutes, exhausted...and in pain with the grazed Edward got a while ago, he was able to finish all the flying swords. At the far end of the grand hall, was Mia, with a daunting and angry look on her face. She was obviously no longer pleased that it seemed it was taking longer.

"Splendid!" Mia said in a noticeably sarcastic way. "You defended yourself pretty well, even with a grazed on your arm. I knew what you were thinking and what you did back then. You really care for her, don't you?" Edward look at Mia fiercely.

"Oh no Edward, do not give me that look. I am giving you my word that you will not see her death...and I know now that flying swords and such would not suffice, and definitely will take too much time to get you down. I am already starting to get more excited...I already wanted this to end fast."

She raised both her arms as wind blew once again. She held her head high as she closed her eyes. Dark smoke started to circle around her. No longer wasting further time, Edward charged at Mia as he held his sword forward. Dark smoke that were encircling Mia moved towards Edward, surrounded him - encircling his wrist, his feet, his whole body...he could no longer move! He seemed to be paralyzed!