Chapter 5: Basket

(A/N: Enjoy reading guys! Do not forget to vote and comment! Thanks a lot! :) 

(To the right is a cover created by _negative, well previously her username was xoSummerXgirlxo, Thanks once again for creating an awesome cover.)

=====================

Chapter 5

Valen's lunch with the royalties has been great. The foods were delicious, the desserts were delightful, Valen did not even know what those food and desserts are called as that was the first time she has eaten those. The lunch with them also made her happy as that was the first one in four years, since the death of her parents that she has eaten together with others. She has been eating all alone ever since. Eating with the royal family however, made her a bit uncomfortable as someone has been serving the food. She is not used to such luxury as she is the one who serves the food for herself or even catch fish for her to eat.

Valen suddenly thought about Edward, he has been very quiet all throughout lunch - well, he has been quiet since he insisted to call him by his first name. She wondered if she had done something again, or is it really that hard to understand him or deal with him.

"Valen, sweet dear, sorry for the wait, I know I insisted for you to wait so I can let you bring at least a basket of food. I have also put other food in here aside from the cakes I baked and I put in lots of bread as well. I know that you go and heal the townspeople and only ask for food and clothes in return, that is what I have heard, so I hope this helps. It somehow disappoints me that you refused my husband to live here. We have been talking about it that we will offer you to stay here as we heard that you live alone. And then when I saw you the first time a while ago, I was too happy I thought I would have someone, like a daughter to talk to, as I only have a son. However, do not worry about me dear. Please promise you'll visit us again. You are most welcome here." Then Lady Melinda hugged Valen and offered her the basket.

"I sure will and thank you so much for inviting me here, for the lunch and for the basket full of food. You take care of yourself milady."

"Thomas is sorry for not being able to escort you home or to at least bid you farewell. He is in a very important discussion with Sir Friedmore. However, we already prepared the carriage to take you home safely." Lady Melinda said feeling very sorry.

"Mother, it will be my pleasure to escort Valen home." Lord Edward suddenly appeared offering his hand for Valen to take to escort her home.

"That will be lovely. Please take her home safely son. Until next time Valen." Both ladies bid each other farewell.

Valen took Edward's hand as he is offering it; she thought that it will be rude of her not to take it. They both climbed up the carriage letting Valen to ride first, Edward riding opposite hers. Valen puts back the cloak to her head then carriage started to move going to the direction towards Algom. Edward once again broke the silence.

"I apologize once again for being silent throughout lunch. I was just thinking about some things."

"Well, I thought that I did something again that is why you never spoke again after you insist for me to call you by your first name. If you want me to call you back as Lord Edward, it will be fine." Valen said.

"No, it's not about it. Please, just Edward. I was just struck, I gues..." Edward was not able to finish what he is about to say as Valen became panicky as she remembered something.

"Oh my...where's my basket?! I totally forgot about my basket!" Valen said frantically.

"Isn't that a basket beside you?" Edward said.

"No, not this basket with foods. I have a basket with me where I put my medicine and herbs. I think I did not have the basket with me when I went to your mansion so that means..." She abruptly stops and seems to realize something.

"Right! I dropped it when a knight grabbed my arm in Algom. I hope the basket is still somewhere there."

"Why did a knight grab you?! Do you remember his face?" Edward seems getting mad.

"Your father has announced that he is inviting me for a tea. I was about to escape the request but a knight found me, grabbed me by surprise and ushered me to your father. I did not see his face as his wearing a helmet." She explained.

"Did he unintentionally hurt you?" He asked her worriedly.

"No, I am fine, thanks; he released my arm when I obediently followed him. Can we go faster? Really need to find it as soon as possible." She requested, she really need to find it before going home, sooner the better as she estimated that she only now have one hour before her hair returns to normal. Yes, she is still wearing the cloak but anyone might still see a glimpse of her black straight hair if it returns back.

"Ben, can you go a little bit faster, we need to hurry and arrive to Algom immediately." Edward shouted so that the carriage driver will hear.

"Yes, Lord Edward." Then the two horses ran faster pulling the carriage behind them.

They arrived to Algom a few minutes later, the carriage stopped beside the platform where Lord Thomas had his speech. The platform is now currently being removed. Edward descended from the carriage first, supporting Valen after. He offered to carry the basket but Valen declined.

"I will not allow a prince to carry my basket, Edward. Thanks for the offer and thank you for the ride and for escorting me here to Algom. It's been a.." She has been interrupted by Edward.

"Why does it seem you are already bidding me farewell. I will help you find your basket and will continue to accompany you until we arrive at your doorstep. Now let us go and look for your basket."

"Oh no." Valen just muttered.

=====================