Chapter 14

The next weekend the girls decided to have a fun night out. They had free days from work and nothing was going to stop them from using those days because Emily was finally alloeed to drink and they needed a break.

The three of them were rather drunk when the subject of love came in because JJ was complaining about Will. They were having troubles and JJ didn't feel like their relationship was worth it anymore. Penelope and Kevin were all right for the time being. "What about you? That moment with Hotch outside of the interrogation room." JJ blurted out.

They were all the happy and emotional type of drunk person. They loved talking when drunk but they knew they wouldn't remember most things the next morning. "Hotch, Hotch, he's not my type." Emily said with a bright smile on her face.

"Doesn't look like it." JJ pointed out and Penelope agreed with her.

"What's your type then?" Penelope went on asking.

"Nice, strong, smart, powerful, fair, has a great smile but it's very rare, handsome, dark haired, dark brown eyes, wonderful smile, almost always in a suit but looks heavenly in casual style. What was I talking about?" Emily woke up from her day dreaming.

"Hotch!" Penelope and JJ said at the same time.

"No, I wasn't-oh my god I was talking about Hotch with you!" For a short moment Emily looked completely sober but it didn't last long.

"We been knew Sweetheart." Penelope smiled. "Another round Mr. Barten-"

"Yeah, you're not getting another round." He informed them. "I called a cab for you gals. You're going home."

"What? Why?" Emily pouted. The girls joined them and for a few minutes until the taxi arrived they tried to convince the bartender that they were sober, but the slurred speech gave them away.

Eventually they all arrived at Emily's apartment. It was the safest thing to be together that night at one of their places instead of scattered all over the city. JJ's was out because of her kid and husband and Penelope's was out because vodka washed off all her memories about the name of the street she lived on.

Penelope and JJ crashed on Emily's floor in the living room, they refused to move anywhere else even though Emily tried to convince them. So after she gave them some blankets and pillow from the couch - she had had a feeling that they were going to end up at het place -, Emily went to her bedroom. She was still very much drunk when she picked up her phone. And she called the least person she wanted to.

"Emily? It's late, what is this?" Haley's voice sounded on the other end. Emily wanted to call 'Aaron Hotcner' instead she called 'Aaron's Wife'.

"Fuck!" Emily whispered under her breath, but obviously, Haley heard her. However she decided to make the best of it or so did her not so very sober self. "If I called, can I ask you something?"

"You sound weird Emily and it's late." Haley was wondering what was going on, but she figured she was drunk, her speech was weird and she never really called unless it was an emergency or Hotch called from her phone when his ran out of bettery, but it only happened while they were still married.

"Are you and Aaron gonna get back together?" Emily slapped her mouth after she asked that question. She wanted to, her drunk persona did, but not her sober self.

"We're not Emily. Are you drunk?" Haley was smart enough to eventually put two and two together and realise what was going on with Emily.

"Good night." Emily hung up and threw her phone far away from her. "Fuck fuck fuck!" Emily panicked for a little while about what she had done. But eventually she decided to sleep. She figured she was drunk enough not to remember it all in the morning or so she hoped.

The next day the team went in and the girls needed way more coffee and food than usually but that wasn't a problem because they didn't have to travel for work so they could work the profile at Quantico. However, Aaron needed to talk to Emily first. "Prentiss, a moment." He called her in his office. She closed the door behind herself as Aaron turned around to look at her. "Haley tells me you're rather interested in whether we'd get back together or not."

"Sir, I apologise, I-"

"Don't." Aaron cut her off. "You could've just asked me though. I would've told you." He paused for a moment. "Why did you want to know that?"

"You know what, for a profiler you're doing an awful job right now." Emily tried to joke, much more for herself than for Aaron.

"As a profiler I assume things about unsubs and victims...I don't want to assume anything when it comes to you Emily."