Chapter 26

The next day they woke up rather late, having decided to finally relax by laying in bed until they really felt the need to get up. Emily rolled on her side and saw Aaron already looking at her. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"I won't need a picture." Aaron smiled as he brushed the hair on her face behind her ears. He planned on spending forever with Emily, on waking up next to her for the rest of their lives so a picture would've been useless. "How did you sleep?"

"Great." Emily nodded as she moved closer to Aaron and wrapped her arms around him. "You?"

"I slept, so that's new." Aaron joked. With their job it wasn't easy to get enough sleep, let alone more. "What do you want to eat?"

"Takeout." Emily said after thibking for a bit. Aaron prepared such a nice dinner for them the night before, she didn't want him to go through that trouble with breakfast too.

"Chinese?" Aaron asked and Emily raised her eyebrow. She loved Chinese food but she didn't really mention it, or at least she didn't think she did.

"How'd you know?" Emily asked and Aaron smiled at her.

"I never reveal my secrets." He laughed as he reached for his phone. He saw one missed call from Penelope, but decided not to call back. If it were an emergency she would've called more or left a text. Instead he looked up the closest Chinese restaurant and looked at the menu with Emily.

It took a while for the food to get there and Aaron was to one to go downstairs and get it because Emily was still naked and opening the door like that wasn't something neither she nor Aaron wanted her to do. But by the time Aaron paid she walked downstairs in his shirt and his shirt only.

"We didn't get any soda but you like tea, don't you?" Aaron asked as he turned around when he heard her coming down the stairs and a wide smile appeared on his face when she saw her in his shirt. "Have I told you before how beautiful I think you are?"

"How beautiful?" Emily asked walking towards him. She stopped when their bodies touched and wrapped her arms around his neck, her lips close to his as she got on her tiptoes.

"Beyond comparison!" Aaron pressed his lips against hers in a sweet yet short kiss, but it was perfect. However, there was something a bit off and Emily noticed almost immediately.

"What is it?" She asked as calmly as she could even though she was internally panicking thinking it was something she did.

"Probably nothing." Aaron sighed and leaned against the counter without taking his hands off of Emily's hips so her body was still pressed against his. "Penelope called. I don't know why, I didn't call her back, but it's bugging me."

"Then call her back." Emily shrugged her shoulders, it was the obvious answer to the issue to her.

"This was supposed to be our weekend, our weekend without work. Won't it ruin this?" Aaron asked being used to Haley making a big deal out of him giving his all to both his job and his family. He thought Emily would be upset too, he didn't think in that moment that she was working with him and his work was also hers.

"Nothing ever could." Emily smiled. "Call Penelope and I'll get the food out of the containers."

Emily started placing plates on the table and getting out the food as Aaron dialed Penelope's number, he put it on speaker and soon Penelope answered. "Sir, sorry to bother-"

"You're on speaker Penelope." Aaron cut her off so she'd know.

"Oh, Emily, how's it going?" Penelope's voice suddenly changed and Aaron slightly shook his head in amusement and a dmile spread on Emily's lips as she answered.

"Great." Emily knew she'd tell Penelope and JJ everything later on, but she didn't want to give many details with Aaron standing there and watching her. She took a moment to look at him, leaning against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest. She couldn't help but think of how handsome he was and how good he made her feel the night before.

"A new case?" Aaron asked when he noticed that Emily wasn't going to say anything more.

"Yes, it's close to you, the rest of the team is on their way there." Penelope explained a bit about the case as Emily and Aaron carefully listened.

"Send us the details, we'll meet you there in two hours, maybe three." With that said Aaron hung up.

"We could get there faster, you know that." Emily pointed out.

"I know, but we've got to it." Aaron said and Emily frowned at him. "And discuss the case over breakfast."

"I thought so." She chuckled. "Work never ends, does it?" Emily added with a smile.

"Never."