Chapter 28

TZ's POV

The hours fly by and before I know it the storm has ceased and the sun is shining brightly in the sky. The roads are just about cleared and we're waiting to take Sana and Brielle to the hospital.

Yesterday, between doting on Brielle and worrying about Sana, we somehow remembered that it was Christmas day and exchanged gifts. We're a pretty simple family that enjoys the holiday more than the giving of gifts, but each of us took turns ripping through wrapping paper like children. This year mom and dad, or I should say mom, bought me new porcelain plates, sturdy pots and pans, gold silverware, and wine glasses...I know this stuff cost a fortune but mom played it down saying she got them for a good price. I know my mother—she's as over the top as her spawn, Yeonwoo. Speaking of her, she broke out a huge box filled with brand new clothes, shoes, and "manly" accessories as she calls them. I don't think a fanny pack is very manly but she promises that it's all the rage amongst men in my age group. Selena bought me a nice sweater and Jun forked over a book of coupons to Bella Italia.

That's my brother.

Luis gave me books. He always gives me books.

Mom, Selena, and Yeonwoo cooked up a hearty breakfast after all the gifts were open. I couldn't be more thankful for it, you know with everything that has happened food was the last thing on all of our minds. As day turned into night, we all spent time reminiscing on past Christmases and what we looked forward to in the coming months. Our annual trip back to Forks was coming up in the summer...I'd love to take Sana and Brielle along to see my old neighborhood.

A small whimper interrupted my thoughts and I look down at the wiggling little bundle of joy currently lying across my chest. The bundle that I'm absolutely in love with... Her black, curly hair is lovely set against her russet color skin. Her eyes are pools of chocolate like Sana's. She has the most awesome birthday, and her mother is the one to thank for bringing her into this world.

It's the next morning and they both seem to be doing well despite the odds. I feel like Dr. Im was trying to scare us when she said the baby may have deformities. She was wrong...Brielle is perfect. Selena, Yeonwoo, and mom have been fawning all over her like she's the most precious thing they've ever seen. Really she is, truly a blessing in disguise. Even Luis and Jun go all goo goo eyes around her...I have a feeling that this little treasure will be a soft spot in all our hearts.

"Tzuyu, we've been given the go-ahead to transport the girls to the hospital. We need to make sure they're both bundled up tight. Jun is going to go bring the car around."

"Alright, dad." I pass the baby off to my sister and go upstairs to wake Sana.

I stand in the doorway and watch her sleep. It's truly amazing to see her so docile while this very room seems to protect her from outside burdens and troubles. Looking at her now, no one would think that she had just gone through something as life-changing as giving birth. Sometimes I wonder if her life would have turned out different—would I ever have gotten the chance to meet her? If she'd never been hurt by those despicable people, would we ever have crossed paths?

I shake my head to clear the angry cloud that was sure to form just thinking about how much pain she's endured. I'd kill them all if I could...

Rubbing a hand over my tired eyes, I move quietly into the room, stopping when I reach the side of her bed. I stand there for a few minutes longer reaching out to smooth her hair from her beautiful face. I hate to wake her while she's sleeping so peacefully.

"Sana baby," I softly shake her "wake up love."

She moans and stiffly turns over. "What's wrong?"