Chapter 33

SN's POV

"No."

"Come on."

"NO!"

"But-"

"What part don't you understand, the N or the O?" I glare at the dumb grin on Suho's face.

"You're such a pooper." He chortled flicking at my ear.

"I'm not going fucking cliff diving you jerk! Leave me alone before I kick you in the nuts!"

"I love it when you talk dirty." He shivered playfully.

"Come on you filthy puppy." I pull on the front of his shirt and he follows me, wagging his tongue. I swat at his face and he dodges it running around me in circles, he then falls in step beside me.

Suho looked profoundly comfortable in his skin...He didn't slow down or survey his surroundings like I find myself doing; his eyes are set straight with his head held high and a bright smile. This guy is pretty fucking cool and his youth is refreshing. Ok, so he's only a year younger than me, but it's exhilarating to be around someone who has yet to be tainted by the bad in his world-he's still very much a kid at heart. His life growing up on the reservation afforded him with the kind of upbringing that was practically shut off from the rest of the world. He didn't own a television and didn't know much about life outside of his home, so it was a bit of a shock once he went off to college and it's still a bit hard for him. How lucky he is that all that presents a challenge in his life is not fitting in with a society he's never known. Meanwhile, the rest of us are struggling to bury our pasts that society shuns...

I've had to be a grown-up for a huge chunk of my life but with Suho it's the opposite-I can be a big kid and not give a damn what anyone thinks. When I'm with him I don't have to care, I can just live in the now. It also doesn't help that he's tooth-achingly sweet. I mean, who parks their car at my house, walks about a block or so just to wait for me to get off work, and then walks me all the way back home?

Yep, that's him. Who says chivalry is dead?

And it just happens to be on a beautiful, rainless day. I don't have a car or a license for that matter, so each day I walk to and from work. No big deal, I have my trusty umbrella to keep me from looking like a drowned rat, and if it's too bad outside my dad will drop me off and pick me up. Recently Suho has been waiting for me after work and he gives me a lift in exchange for dinner. Today is an exception since it's the first really nice, warm day Forks has had so far. It automatically puts me in a good mood and I forget that my feet are killing me. When there's an occasional day the sun makes an appearance and the sky clears up, you soak it in as much as possible.

But, It's also a reminder that I have limited time with Suho since he'll be going back to school in a few short weeks. I was surprised he told me he was leaving, you know with his father being in a wheelchair and having a hard time adjusting to being paralyzed from the waist down. People on the reservation have pitched in to do some major remodeling to the house to make it more accessible for Yong-ha -although he's having his anything if not proud. He wants Suho to go back to school and finish his education and he won't take no for an answer. It puts Suho's mind at ease that the men and women he's grown up with have decided to pitch in and make sure old Yong-ha is well taken care of while he's away at school.

In turn, Suho will travel down each weekend to spend time with his dad...It seems he has everything figured out. I know it will be hard for him, but he's a tough guy-he'll get through it.

I wish I had my life together like that.

"So, Saturday we're having a bonfire at La Push for the Fourth-you in?" He asked, throwing his heavy arm over my shoulders.