Chapter 35

SN's POV

Shit! Fucking Shit!

My legs propel me forward though I'm in no way conditioned for it. My lungs are on fire, I can't breathe, and I keep tripping as I blindly navigate through the dark streets toward my safe haven. I just have to get there before anyone finds me...I keep turning my head to look behind, to see if he's chasing me.

I want him to...

...No, I don't.

FUCK!

I can't believe they're here; he's here. In what universe does shit like this happen? Running got me absolutely nowhere it seems because they were still able to find me, without trying. I turn the corner onto my street and spot my home; it's still dark so I won't have to face anyone like this. I slow down once I reach the porch and drag my sore limbs up the steps.

One...Two...Three...

Stumble...Fall...Crash...

I'm all out sobbing when my body hits the creaking wood; gut wrenching wails come forth attacking me with each breath. I would wake the neighbors if they were home, but everyone is out enjoying the fireworks. I can hear them booming in the distance...I would have loved to see them this time around.

Tzuyu...He's here. His family is here with him, and he has my daughter.

The hatred in his eyes as he stalked toward me in that diner, I haven't been so afraid of someone in a very long time.

"So this is where you've been?"

I was absolutely speechless...Just seeing him was shocking enough, but also my little fortress of solitude had shattered into a million pieces the moment he confronted me. There he was; tall, broad, and possessed by anger. The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end...

"Answer me Sana. You could have had the decency to wait and tell me you were leaving."

Yes, I could have, I wanted to say. I should have...That's the thing about fear, it makes you do things you know will hurt the ones you care about most.

"Fuck this, I think you owe me an explanation. Give me something to explain why you ran away from me."

That's the thing, I already told him. I've given him an explanation so many times and he never wanted to listen.

"Are you selling yourself again?"

God, those words were like a bucket of ice being dumped over my head-and Suho was right there...

"He's no one Suho. Let's just go."

We both said things we didn't mean. The remorse in his eyes matched mine. I wanted to protect Suho, my best friend, from the man I love because I knew Tzuyu would jump to conclusions about us. I said it to make Tzuyu back off so I could take hold of the spiraling situation-I never got the chance. It's not fair to Suho the way he found out about my secret. I was going to tell him, literally ten seconds before everything went to hell. He has a child he didn't know about-it was my job to tell him something life changing like that. I never wanted him to find out that way, with the evidence of our wreck less one night stand staring him right in the face.

And what a beautiful face she has; the perfect mixture of two people who made one life altering mistake.

...And I'm so fucking glad Tzuyu has her.

Everything was happening so fast and the next thing I know I'm fighting the woman I once considered my sister. Yeonwoo had warned me before I left that she would beat my ass if I hurt her family...That's why it was no surprise when she slapped me. One thing I've always loved about Yeonwoo is her gusto. Don't ever judge her by her height and perky attitude, she's lethal. I'm sure this won't be the last time I have to defend myself against her; she's the least of my worries at this point.