Chapter One

Word Count: 4465

After their wedding at Lake Placid, just like Marinette had wished it to be, the guests flew straight home the day after. 

Though, Adrien and Marinette went off to their honeymoon. To be a complete contrast to the cold at Lake Placid, their honeymoon was supposed to be somewhere warmer, an island. An island that's supposedly hot all year long. Bora Bora. 

They had a great honeymoon, even more perfect than expected. Though, Adrien did a great job causing them to be expecting something else as well. 

So as nine months passed by and Marinette gave birth to a beautiful baby girl. Emma.

However, shortly after the birth Adrien had to leave Paris for a couple of days. He promised to visit some cancer children in hospitals around the world, he couldn't possibly cancel that. 

As he promised to never travel the world without his lady, Marinette had to come with him. Emma was still way too young to ride on a plane, especially for a couple of days, so she stayed home. She stayed home with Alix. 

Their trip went well. Marinette and Adrien managed to plaster smiles onto cute tiny faces, brighten up their days even just for a short while. 

Emma was doing great at home with Alix. They had been on FaceTime every single day, just so Emma wouldn't forget what her parents looked like. 

Yeah, well, the trip might not have been an issue, but the way back sure was. 

Half way on their flight home, the plane engine broke, leading to it crashing down... No one survived. 

You already know I'm kidding, I hope.

Marinette

Two years later

"God, Adrien!" I shout from the laundry room. Adrien is in his office, probably answering some E-Mails, just like every morning. 

I doubt he hears me yell, though. He never hears me yell when I'm in the laundry room. I like to believe it's because he knows I will yell even more when he shows up at the door. 

That guy has never learned how to do laundry, so I have to do his. It's not a big deal, but he also never learned check his pockets for important things before throwing his clothes into the laundry basket. Well, or the floor because he also never learned how to keep anything clean. 

As usual, Adrien has a ton of money in his jeans pocket... and I accidentally washed it with the laundry. Now all that is left from the money are tiny pieces. 

I quickly shove the wet clothes into the dryer and turn it on. 

When that is done, I leave the laundry room to prepare some breakfast. I'm hungry, and I know so is Adrien. He's always hungry. Literally, at any hour of the day. This man can eat. 

"You forgot one plate," a raspy voice speaks from behind of me. "And my cheese." 

"Plagg, this is not for you," I tell him.

The little flying black cat sits down on the table, looking up at me with the biggest glowing green eyes ever. 

"It sure isn't... yet. You forgot my cheese, Pigtails," he says. "Get it." He is so demanding, it's actually funny sometimes. 

Plagg likes to think that the world revolves around him. And to be honest, sometimes I think that it actually does, at least here at home. 

"Why don't you eat in the refrigerator, like you always do," I suggest, but he shakes his head. That can only mean one thing.