Chapter Five

Word Count: 3278

A/N:

I'd like to apologise for not updating in over a week.

I also regret to inform you that I am no longer able to update as quick as I used to.

I am in university. I have exams coming up, important assignments to get done. And all that requires quite a lot of my attention.

I will, however, continue to write as much as I can. I just can't promise a new part coming out every other day.

Much to my dismay, I will have to cut the parts shorter as well.

I usually spend hours writing one part. I still will, but I don't have the time to spend 12 hours writing one 4000+ word part, and still update my other story as well.

Anyway, enjoy this part.

Adrien:

"Thank you so much for babysitting Jolie for today," Rose thanks me. I truly don't mind taking care of a little angel like Jolie. And besides, Rose and Juleka are great friends to Marinette and me.

But as expected, Marinette isn't home. She had to work, despite promising that she would keep the boutique closed for one day.

"Don't worry about it, Rose," I tell her. "I will take care of Jolie whenever you need me to."

Rose offers me one of her sweet smiles. "Is Marinette not going to be here?"

"I doubt it. She has a lot of orders to work on, I think. But I can take care of little Jolie all by myself."

"I know you can. But don't give her too much candy, okay?"

Rose is definitely the stricter parents. Though, if you took a look at Rose and Juleka, you would assume Juleka would be the stricter one. But then, Juleka also looks a lot like she doesn't care about any rules. Rose, on the contrary, she looks too bubbly to have rules.

It's a mix, I guess.

Rose quickly says goodbye to Jolie before leaving for her two days alone time with Juleka.

Yes. Two days.

Jolie will be staying here over night for two whole days. That's going to be fun. Or exhausting.

"Uncle Adrien!" Jolie screams in excitement, already running through the living room, wanting to play catch.

As the great uncle that I am, I start running after Jolie. Of course I run way slower so she still has a chance to escape me for a whole.

And it's totally worth it.

Hearing Jolie's giggles warms my heart. A children's laughter might get annoying eventually, because they're laughing at everything. But they're also the most genuine and adorable laughters anyone could ever hear.

That is unless you hate kids.

"You'll never catch me!" She giggles more and more as we're running through the living room.

She is running around the sofa, changing directions whenever I take a step in one, making my way towards her. Of course she runs the other way from where I'm coming.

"Uncle Adrien is a snails!" She giggles. And that's when I strike. I catch her, pick her up and throw Jolie up into the air, catching her again as she falls.