Chapter Four

Word Count: 4444

Adrien

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do, let alone think. Something is up with Marinette, and despite what she's told me, I know there's something else behind all of it. Something she won't tell me. I don't get it. Marinette knows she can talk to me about literally anything, and yet she couldn't even be open to me about that.

It's not like this is such a minor thing. No, it's huge. She doesn't want a child just yet? Or not at all anymore? I don't know, because she won't tell me shit. We could work something out, it's not like I would get a divorce just because she doesn't want children.

I wouldn't know what it was like going through a miscarriage. Well, not physically. I did get the emotional trauma as well, though. I'm not sure it's comparable, but either way, I, too, lost our child two and a half years ago. It's not like it was just her.

I don't blame Marinette for forgetting that though.

Maybe I would think differently if I went through it physically as well. God, I'm so glad I don't have to though. Honestly, I think it would have been so much worse if we had time to bond with the unborn baby. Like, if we knew she was pregnant before the miscarriage even happened.

Call me pathetic, but I'm glad we didn't know before it happened. This whole thing would have affected me way more if I knew Marinette was pregnant by the time the miscarriage happened.

"Did you leave the car all by itself?" I ask, suddenly remembering where we are.

"Yeah?"

"Did you lock it?"

"You have the keys." But I don't.

"Marinette," I say with a slight tone of amusement. "The keys are in the car."

She looks at me in horror. Literally, her eyes are opened wider than ever before and her jaw dropped felt like to the floor. And if someone stealing the car wouldn't be the most absurd thought ever, I start to laugh.

"Stop laughing, Adrien. This is serious."

But I can't help it. It's hilarious. All of this is.

Before I even notice it, Marinette's back on her feet. Her hands grab mine and she tries to pull me up from the floor. Sometimes I forget how strong this woman is.

"Get your ass up, Agreste," she says. I know if I don't, I will get my ass beat in about a second. So I give in and help her get me to stand up.

The second I stand, Marinette turns around to walk out of the room, but I'm not having it. I pull onto her hand, forcing her to stay, even turn around towards me. Her body collides with mine. She looks up at me with those blue-bell eyes and for a moment I forget what I'm even mad about.

"You're so beautiful," I whisper and tug a strand of hair behind her ear.

No matter how mad I am at Marinette, it truly doesn't even matter what it's about, the second I lay my eyes back on her and just take a moment to view her, every sense of madness leaves my body. I'm physically incapable of being mad at this person. She's my whole world. She's the light of my life. I wake up with her on my mind, and fall asleep with the same thought. Her. She's everything to me. I'd be damned if I could stay mad at what's breathing life into me.

She smiles at me with delight. But when I open my mouth to speak, Marinette shuts me up.

"This is a restroom, Adrien. Not the place for love declarations."