Chapter Ten

Word Count: 4128

Marinette

"I'll be right back," Adrien says before planting a soft kiss to my temple. He gets up from his seats and walks away, leaving me alone with Gabriel and Jolie.

Luckily, Jolie is still asleep. So technically it's only me and Gabriel. Don't think you can count sleeping children as being there. Just have to have an eye on her.

"I'm assuming you guys have an announcement to me?" Gabriel speaks, taking a sip from the overpriced champagne they're serving.

"Yeah. But you already know of it. However, my parents have no clue yet. And they'd ask questions if we didn't invite you when we tell them."

After what Adrien told me, I'm pretty sure Gabriel knows I'm pregnant. Adrien was assuming it and now that Gabriel assumed we're having an announcement to make, it's clear he knows. Or at least can put two and two together.

"Adrien doesn't look very happy," he notes.

"You think so?" I didn't have the impression Adrien wasn't happy about becoming a father in good half a year. In fact, I thought that's exactly what he wanted.

"Yes. He's quiet."

"Maybe he just doesn't want to wake Jolie?" That's bullshit. This room is filled with chatting people and loud music. If this girl can sleep through that, a bit talking from Adrien wouldn't wake her either.

Gabriel cocks an eyebrow at me but doesn't comment on my statement. He looks around us, then moves a tad closer to me, not too close. If he were to move too close, we both knew what kind of headlines would be plastered on the Internet and magazines tomorrow.

"He was crying when he called me."

I think my heart just stopped beating. My voice leaves my body.

"Marinette, I like you, you know I do, but you keep breaking his heart every time you serve him complete bullshit," he speaks quietly.

I sigh. I know he's right. To be honest, I don't even know why I can't bring myself open up to Adrien.

"You're not entirely happy about your situation and he knows that. I'm sure he wouldn't even take it that badly if you talked to him."

I don't need yet another Agreste telling me I should talk to my husband. They're both right. I know they are.

But there's nothing more to say. I'm pregnant. Exactly what Adrien had wanted for years, probably.

And I really do want this child...I'm just scared.

Before I get the chance to argue, Gabriel speaks again. "We're having a brand meeting tomorrow at three. You guys will have to come."

"We do?" My brows draw together. I know my, and Adrien's, schedule for the next two weeks. Neither of them said we'd have a meeting tomorrow.

"It's a sort of last minute meeting. All three of us will have to be present. A publicist will be there and talk about promotions and such. Probably some lawyers as well."

"Lawyers?" I blurt out. Maybe a little too loud since a couple of people from the tables close to us turn to look at me.

I cover my mouth in a heartbeat, mentally beating myself up. I should know better than to loudly say the word "Lawyer" in a public place.

"Yes," he grits out.

"Why? What the hell is happening, Gabriel? Did your brand get in trouble?"