Chapter Six

Word Count:  2437

A/N:
I hate this part being so short.
It does have a lot to take in though. So maybe you're thankful for that haha.

I do hope you enjoy this short chapter though!

Marinette

What the hell is wrong with this kid? I spend one day at my boutique, working for a living and he goes threatening me with a divorce?

I know Adrien and I have been quite distant lately because I work so much, but I love what I do. Adrien can't keep me locked up in an ivory tower and pretend I'm Rapunzel.

I am not.

I want to work. I love my job, and I love engaging with customers. And it's not like I just went downstairs today to avoid Adrien.

Okay, maybe that was part of it.

But I was working on a wedding dress for an important customer. She's getting married in less than a month and she needs this dress done by next Monday.

If it weren't for Adrien threatening me with a divorce, I would probably run away right about now. But I love this man with all of my being. No way in hell will I let him threaten me to get a divorce without at least hearing him out.

So I make my way upstairs as quick as possible, dropping everything I've had on me. As I step foot into the apartment above my boutique, Adrien is already sitting on the couch.

His elbows are resting on his thighs and he holds his head up with his hands. He is crouched down, his shoulders shaking like he's been crying.

God, please have mercy on me. I literally stand no chance to a crying Adrien.

"Adrien?" I speak in a soft and calm tone, taking a seat next to him. He doesn't look up, doesn't even so much to acknowledge my presence. Just when I'm about to speak again, his hand lays down on top of mine, giving it a gentle squeeze. "What the hell is happening?"

Once again, Adrien doesn't look at me. He takes a deep breath and says, "are you still in this?"

For a short moment I'm confused. Why would be asked if I'm still in this? If I wasn't, I would've left a while ago. I would've send him the divorce papers weeks ago. Yet, I'm still here, aren't I?

"Adrien."

"Answer me, Marinette." Oh shit. Adrien never speaks to me with a harsh voice. He never as much to raises it. And yet here he is, snapping at me. "Do you still love me?"

"Of course I do," I say, trying not to freak out. "Adrien, you know I do."

"Unfortunately, I don't know that anymore."

I freeze. I hadn't realised we've been that distant. How the hell would he ever get the impression that I didn't love him anymore?

Adrien is, hands down, the most important person in my life. He is my life.

Not one day passes where he's not on my mind. I wake up thinking about him. I work with my mind being nowhere but by him. I fall asleep with him on my mind. And I dream of him every single night. He is my whole goddamn life.

Adrien Agreste is in my system, and I will not allow him to get out. Not that it's even possible.

"Could you look at me, please?" I ask.

He shakes his head and says, "I can't." Taking a deep breath, he continues. "If I look at you, I will want to kiss the hell out of you. And we're not going to ignore this. We're not going to kiss and make up and pretend we don't have serious issues."