Chapter Eleven

Word Count: 2211

A/N:

Please excuse this part being shorter than usual. They'll continue to be short. (Although good 2000 words isn't too short)

Anyway, I am working on a project that is important to me atm. Hence, my lack of time to write on Wattpad.

I've written this part in a matter of a few hours. And I hate it. So there's that. I hope you'll like it better than me.

Anyway. I'd also respectfully like to ask you to stop asking me to update. I'll update whenever I have the time to write. Pressuring me into writing won't get you anything good out of it. And I'd love to keep this story somewhat okay.

I hope you understand where I'm coming from. I'm not trying to offend anyone who has asked me to update in the past. I, for my part, understand why you'd want me to. But please keep in mind I'm one person. I don't have a team behind me to write for me. And I have a private life as well.

Adrien

"Uncle Adrien?" I hear Jolie whisper, waking me from my sleep. Her tiny hands grip onto my shirt, pulling on it with as much strength as she can provide. I'm guessing she's hoping I'd way up that way.

Quite frankly, she was right. Sort of.

Without opening my eyes, I reach my arms out to lift Jolie up, carefully brining her over my own body to lay her down between Marinette and me. She giggles softly, but once she's lying next to me, her tiny arms wrap around me (as much as it's possible, that is).

"Uncle Adrien?" she repeats, whispering.

I sigh and open one eye. As she laughs, I open the other, too. "What's up, Gumball?"

Jolie's nose scrunches up as she frowns softly, a smile still spread on her lips. "Can I have chocolate for breakfast?"

I look at her dumbfounded, blinking a couple of times as I try to figure out if she had really just asked me that. It's like four in the morning, and a little four-year-old asked me if she could have chocolate for breakfast.

"You know chocolate isn't breakfast," I remind her, lifting the blanket to cover her with it as she shivers from the cold. "Why are you awake, little one?"

"I miss my mommies." I spot a tear running down her cheek. "When can I go home, uncle Adrien?"

My heart is aching for this little four-year-old that's missing her mothers. She's the cutest, honestly.

Jolie has been spending the night every now and then quite often, never did she admit to missing Juleka and Rose before.

I mean, it's natural that she would. They're her parents, of course Jolie would miss them. Yet it still saddens me that she does. Not because I'm offended that she doesn't feel all too at home here, but because she's four years old and loves her parents so much that she misses them.

I only ever missed my mother when I was her age. My father was completely out of the picture...I think. I don't know, I was four.